Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: (old) 0.7.12 version branch  (Read 291713 times)

RadicalEdward

Re: Development version: 0.7.12.3280
« Reply #390 on: September 18, 2012, 12:37:29 pm »

Thanks for the link Cameni, I tried the suggestions listed there but still having the problem, I guess I'll wait until you add some more diagnostics then give it another try.

Midviki

• Nothing matters... but everything is important.
« Reply #391 on: September 19, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »

File path too long makes the texture on the object to go black or a grey-back ... or the name of the file too long.But I think it does this only if you export it in a long file/folder path it does this.I think if you save it on a shorter path it works, I'l try this like in a hour and confirm what exactly makes the texture disappear.But now.. time for break!my head hurts of making textures and models all day!I'l do more testing in 1 hour or so and give an update on the issue.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:31:35 pm by Midviki »
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

Midviki

« Reply #392 on: September 19, 2012, 07:45:09 pm »

I managed to solve my issue... oddly as It seems.I tried multiple things, but what seems to have been the problem was the .DDS texture name.
Ha?... yep.. I haven't quite understand what was wrong, maybe it was something else.But what I did was saved the .DDS file with another name, then applied it on the object in 3ds max again, exported it again but in a shorter path than the previous one.And ye... till I didn't deleted the folders of the same older file that I was trying to import It didn't worked, ye and if you get it wrong and you get a black texture, make sure to delete it before replacing it.Some times it seems to pick up the older one.Ye... and don't try changing the name of the .DDS file after saving it from photo-shop or the name of the 3D model after you exported it, that's bad!Doesn't work as well.

If any other light on this matter, please share.Maybe its something else.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

seppen

« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:00 am »

File path too long makes the texture on the object to go black or a grey-back ... or the name of the file too long.But I think it does this only if you export it in a long file/folder path it does this.I think if you save it on a shorter path it works, I'l try this like in a hour and confirm what exactly makes the texture disappear.But now.. time for break!my head hurts of making textures and models all day!I'l do more testing in 1 hour or so and give an update on the issue.

Thank´s for that tip(will try it out), I managed to import a 100mb model with 73 materials, and loads of textures, but got black areas and messed up uv´s too.

Renameing the long texturenames is possible when export I think.

Midviki

« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2012, 07:42:54 am »

Thank´s for that tip(will try it out), I managed to import a 100mb model with 73 materials, and loads of textures, but got black areas and messed up uv´s too.

Hmmm... if the problem is only on some parts, it might not be the same problem, try a different kind of unwrapping of the model. In 3DS Max as I work, there are multiple methods of mapping.And you should try marking your models with different colors to see if it makes the same issue.If you can see on my mini page I have some kind of pylons, and as less as you see at the surface, they have like 20 meters in height and only 1/3 visible.The point is that I painted those pylons on a 4096x4096 texture or something like that and it has like 70-100mb as well.I had problems importing it, but it was completely black.(like in the picture)
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670

seppen

« Reply #395 on: September 20, 2012, 10:01:13 am »

Hmmm... if the problem is only on some parts, it might not be the same problem, try a different kind of unwrapping of the model. In 3DS Max as I work, there are multiple methods of mapping.And you should try marking your models with different colors to see if it makes the same issue.If you can see on my mini page I have some kind of pylons, and as less as you see at the surface, they have like 20 meters in height and only 1/3 visible.The point is that I painted those pylons on a 4096x4096 texture or something like that and it has like 70-100mb as well.I had problems importing it, but it was completely black.(like in the picture)

Puuh!, finally got all textures imported at scale with no blacks anywere.
But some maps´s are vertical when should be horisontal!, perhaps I need to apply a uvw modifier.

This is very promising, model is a 40mb dae, 200 000 verts 600 entities and only 7mb pkg file :) 

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2012, 01:58:40 pm »

In case anyone ever wanted to know what it was like playing Outerra with a 4000 series card..

Here you go..

Interesting Note.. My Mic sits on the External Hard Disk that holds all my Outerra Data.. So you can hear it accessing as it loads. An interesting feature.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #397 on: September 20, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

Hmm. What loaded modules are reported in your eng.log? You seem to get more crashes than other 4xxxers ...

seppen

« Reply #398 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:25 pm »

Lol, perhaps it´s the model, I´ll try to clean up the textured one and bring down the object count since it´s huge  :D

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #399 on: September 20, 2012, 02:51:09 pm »

Hmm. What loaded modules are reported in your eng.log? You seem to get more crashes than other 4xxxers ...

Attached.

Lol, perhaps it´s the model, I´ll try to clean up the textured one and bring down the object count since it´s huge  :D

It isn't trust me. This is the way it has been for months. Sometimes It crashed before the login screen Sometimes (rarely) I can get 30+ minutes out of it just driving up a mountain.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 02:55:23 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #400 on: September 20, 2012, 02:58:01 pm »

Might be worth to shoot these two down and observe if it helped/changed anything:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Fraps\FRAPS32.DLL (Beepa P/L, FRAPS), version 3, 5, 5, 15172
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ctagent.DLL (Creative Technology Ltd,   ctagent), version 6.00.01.1377-2.18.6580

Even if seemingly inactive, the fact they are listed there means they are intercepting the events in OT and could affect the loop.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #401 on: September 20, 2012, 03:04:34 pm »

Well fraps is easy enough. And I have tested with it off.. But CTAGENT is being used by pretty much every program that makes sound

It isn't listed as just another process to kill.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #402 on: September 20, 2012, 03:14:08 pm »

CtHelper?

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #403 on: September 20, 2012, 03:32:43 pm »

That I can end.

Well.. Actually, that I can't end but can disable on startup. So next start I will give a test. I am going out.

The Software I am using to do screen capture now (faststone Capture) is likely causing an issue as when I try to capture it when OT is running I get an instant crash.. If I run the capture before the program start I can get it to stick as seen in this video

I guess I would need to point a camera at my screen to really guarantee no program was affecting it.

Attaching my log from this last crash just to see if it is different. Also why does my console pop up every start? Is that normal when debug keys are enabled?

« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:41:38 pm by ZeosPantera »

Midviki

« Reply #404 on: September 20, 2012, 05:12:15 pm »

When you have a bigger object and a smaller one.Ex.: If you want for example to use small objects to decorate a house.

After you placed the smaller object inside the bigger objects box, you can't select the small one again if you didn't placed well from the begging.So if you misclickeded while you where placing that small object inside the bigger object.. you are f****d :D.You need to move all the big objects around the little one then arrange the little ones and etc.

Probably you know this already, but just making sure you'r getting feedback  ;D. Anyway I have this problem a lot, and I haven't started decorating the interiors of any castle, but there will probably be 100% problems on this matter.
ATI AMD RADEON HD 6670
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42