Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32

Author Topic: Old version: 0.7.15.3700  (Read 249705 times)

mLichy

Re: Latest version: 0.7.15.3673
« Reply #375 on: May 05, 2013, 10:03:51 am »

I guess I could start a new road from that point then..  It will take quite a while then otherwise, to split/append new points, which I was doing there for a little bit. 

saccara18

« Reply #376 on: May 05, 2013, 01:12:00 pm »

where i can download the actuell outerra?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #377 on: May 05, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »

It should autoupdate, but you can always check http://demo.outerra.com - contains links to the latest downloads.

Chaoz

« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2013, 11:03:44 am »

When i press S and W simultaneously the tatra and tiger 2 accelerate incredibly fast and ignore their top speeds, you also can't steer them and the wheels stop turning till you let go of S or W. I could not reproduce it in the various jeeps and the bmw so there has to be a difference between them.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2013, 11:11:16 am »

They are using max_rpm or max_tire_speed which have a bug.

Andy

« Reply #380 on: May 19, 2013, 06:37:08 am »

Hi,
i tried the latest build on Linux again.

Here is what i noticed:
1. I can only see one half of the globe. (But i can reach the other one.)
2. Navigation works great
3. I am now able to reach the ground by lowering all the engine settings in the terrain tab to the minimum (I reported previously that the game crashes every time i reach a certain orbit).
4. I can cruise around for a bit but then the game crashes again.
5. Graphics in general are pretty and looking normal to me (I have no windows installation to compare them)
6. Performance is okish, i get around 10 fps i guess.
7. Sound works great as well.

I'm not expecting to get any help but i wanted to point that out for others that might try the game on Linux as well.

Greetings,
Andy

Jagerbomber

« Reply #381 on: May 24, 2013, 10:42:39 pm »

Just noticing that the road editor values don't reset when you hit the clear road marker button.  Could it?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:53:02 pm by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2013, 01:59:13 am »

Should it?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2013, 09:19:20 am »

Maybe?  :P

I think so.

Otherwise I have to do it manually or close the window to reset it when I want to make a new road.  I think it should reset the values (though maybe not necessarily the road type) and maybe there should be a way to be a "copy road settings" button or shortcut keys eventually if someone ever needs that.

It was just annoying to find that I had entire new roads that had the slant and elevation adjustment that I made to the end of a road a while before, and that I have to remember to reset the values every time.  Also, there's still no way to select and modify the values of multiple points at the same time, right?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:21:04 am by Jagerbomber »
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #384 on: May 25, 2013, 12:08:47 pm »

Hmm, true, things like slant and elevation should be reset too. Not sure about the others though. Maybe a separate button to reset everything?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #385 on: May 25, 2013, 12:40:03 pm »

The reason I'm only noticing this now is because I usually lay out a road using google maps, then close the window and drive it with a tatra, but this time I was working on a condo complex and did the whole thing at once, which means I had to remember to reset it or close the road maker window before I made each part.   ::)

Also, an update on that framerate issue - I've been gradually testing it out and I was getting the framerate problem with "terrain quality metric" set to anything above 720p (ultra texture resolution), but I have yet to see it happen @720p.  (However a few times after I set it to 720p, even after restarting, when driving the tatra with a bed, my screen would suddenly go black while I was inside the tatra and my google map would suddenly be somewhere else (don't know where), until I exited the tatra - Then I could see again, and me and my tatra would be right back where I was, but my sound stopped working and my framerate would go bad, but not in the same way... like variably bad (instead of constantly 14fps) and would just go constantly up and down... But that appears to have stopped?... I think? Odd.)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 12:43:34 pm by Jagerbomber »

KelvinNZ

• A clock that doesn't work still works twice a day!
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2013, 04:28:36 am »

I have to agree with setting anything above 720 especially when grass LOD is high the frames are low and stutters slightly. I have noted this before with Brano and he said something in the lines of there were some issues using settings above 720. Can't find where on the forum he put it but he might be able to clarify here.
If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #387 on: May 27, 2013, 12:22:47 pm »

Ugh... Getting that framerate problem again @720p, and I haven't even done anything yet.  No spawning, no road making.  It's still inconsistent.  Only when I'm moving or turning the camera.  Only debug warning is "widget "status_window" doesn't have refcount 1, possible leak!"

But I think it also happens when a tatra is moving and even when I'm not?  And I brought up something before about suddenly being warped somewhere else while inside a tatra and then being taken back when I exited it and then my frame rate goes variably bad.

This time I haven't even spawned a tatra, and haven't been visibly warped anywhere, but... It makes me wonder if something is going crazy and rendering multiple locations as once?  Yes, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.

Anywho, I think I'm gonna try one more thing and see if it ever happens w/out using the Steam overlay.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:29:44 pm by Jagerbomber »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #388 on: May 27, 2013, 02:58:04 pm »

OT may be also fighting for resources with other programs. Especially browsers nowadays use a lot of pinned memory for communication with the graphics card, and they also use GPU memory even when on background.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Latest version: 0.7.15.3690
« Reply #389 on: May 27, 2013, 05:28:27 pm »

Version 0.7.15.3690
  • support for Oculus Rift
  • fixed crash on exit after mod installation
  • fixed underwater rendering
  • more rocks in water
  • better water fresnel, reflected color
  • fixed sound buffers in vehicle
  • turret/aux axis handling moved to script
  • custom mipmap creation for water (was perf issue on 7000)
  • modified white balance computation
  • fixed bluish terrain after sunset in distance
  • added export for static objects
  • removed aircraft and vehicles from builder

Stereoscopic rendering mode for Oculus Rift can be enabled in the full version of Anteworld. The checkbox to use the Rift is present is in graphics settings.
This is just initial support, some things will have to be tweaked further.

The tracker is currently auto-calibrated and the default viewing direction is set when the terrain appears first after loading, so there you should have the Rift looking forward. It cannot yet be reset during gameplay (the key is bound to semicolon but it doesn't yet work).

Since the UI would be unreadable on the Rift if scaled normally, it's using a virtual screen when you have to turn your head to see the UI elements when in the sandbox mode (after pressing ESC). There's one bug though - mouse pointer currently works only on the left side. UI elements usually highlight in some way when the pointer hovers over them, so if they don't you may have to move the mouse to the left side.

There are many things that don't work correctly in stereo mode yet. Editing tools haven't been tested at all.

Note - apart from Rift mode there's also a generic stereoscopic mode that can be used without the Rift. It can be enabled by pressing alt+semicolon. The same key can be also used to toggle between the stereo and normal mode.

Outerra Tech demo download (upgradable to Anteworld in-game)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:52:13 am by cameni »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 32