Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Tiger2  (Read 61034 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Tiger2
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:09 pm »

Fiddled.. The animations are backward but everything else works swimmingly.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »

pretty good! Now if there was somekind of clutch on each side, it could turn while moving

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 07:21:11 pm »

Well the way it should work is a brake is applied to one side and it turns. Which is what is happening right now. The problem is the mechanics of the real tank transfer some of the power/speed from the braking side to the moving side so it can maintain itself. Lots of gears doing things.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

M7

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 10:41:39 pm »

I trying to get something that sound like a tank. I know nothing about these things so i tried to find something on the net and quite expectively, nothing sounded any good. but i did find some youtube video that had ok sound. Actuall i found one with a tiger 2 driving around. So i got myself a copy of audacity and tried to edit some sample. So far i think i got something ok for the idle state. But it sounds crap whenever it get a pitch change, so i will try to get 4 sample of the tiger and ill test by hackingh mLichy Belair  ;) since i wouldn'know how to integrate that kind of script to the tiger script yet.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 11:16:20 pm »

Mother of god... LOUD.

I was thinking about finding a good clip of the track squeaking like from Indiana Jones.. Not sure how that would do with a pitch mod.

Here is the island I am using for tank testing. http://goo.gl/maps/3aB8x

I would love to re-create that ring road around the island. Looks like an epic drive!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:25:37 pm by ZeosPantera »

M7

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 01:55:35 am »

oh boy!! i think i'm on something. Have to say that i was going nowhere  until i played with this

this.pitchMultiplier = 0.6; that's the setting it was on, i changed it to 1.9 and wow ! that was it. It does sound way better than the original sound recorded on youtube. Yet it's not that far from the real thing. Again i'm really no expert to really tell.

I've attached a sample the sound i hear in game while decelarating.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 02:22:42 am »

Not bad.

M7

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 02:41:08 pm »

I tried so much stuff to get something that could sound somehow right. First i tried to use the BMW kind of js config with 3 sound , idle, onlow, offlow. The off low (decelaration) was good  but could not get the onlow (acceleration) to sound anything good. Next i tried to use the tatra .js . It use only one sound for driving and idle state,  but it use shifting gear in a way that the pitch variation dont get too extreme. In the end i find it doesn't sound too bad but still not what i had in mind . 

But now the problem is that i could not copy/paste  the new tatra config and make work that into the tiger  config. I always get syntax error.

Anyhow, here's the tatra with the edited sound for the tiger eventually . Zeos you're welcome to try yourself if you feel like!!

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B96RrTcNJsI2RGlWeVpNUnUya2M&usp=sharing

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 03:55:18 am »

Got the sound working. Now we need to get the wheel animations the right way.

Config Attached.

M7

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 09:04:27 am »

That's great, thanks a lot! everything seems to load right but there's something with the sound that is kind of messed up compare to the  tatra version i edited. And looking at both .js, I can't understand yet what could cause that. It's like the new tiger version, the sound seems to switch back and forth between one ear to the other as speed goes up, where in the Tatra i dont ear these wobling sound .

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 11:09:24 am »

Wait a sec.. What did you parent the sound to? Does it rotate?

M7

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 11:32:59 am »

I just copy paste your new script into the tiger vehicle and i didn't edit anything yet.
 Now the sound emiter was set  to one  wheel,  i changed it to the chassis and  the engine still woble.

You should hear the same thing don't you?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 11:47:31 am by M7 »

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2013, 11:55:56 am »

Yeah but I figured it was something to do with the looping of the sound file. I hadn't tried it with the tatra.

What is the chassis name so I can set the emitter to it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:33:12 pm by ZeosPantera »

M7

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2013, 02:20:34 pm »

the chassis name is  chassis

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2013, 03:17:02 pm »

Devious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6