Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: AKs  (Read 85279 times)

SteelRat

Re: AKs
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2015, 11:48:10 am »

Я имел ввиду, на фотографии типичный бизнесмен современности).

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #151 on: July 24, 2015, 02:40:15 am »

Also, there is just one person having the up-most priority to be remembered holding an AK .....

The was a plagiarist no further. The prototype for Ak was German MP44 / SG44.Er has changed just a little bit and that's it already. :P :D
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2015, 07:47:12 am »

... ah, not this again ... :D .... angry Mikhail on you too !  =D =D =D

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #153 on: July 24, 2015, 07:54:08 am »

Finally got a chance to download the AK, very nice work man!

SteelRat

« Reply #154 on: July 24, 2015, 09:53:57 am »

Also, there is just one person having the up-most priority to be remembered holding an AK .....

The was a plagiarist no further. The prototype for Ak was German MP44 / SG44.Er has changed just a little bit and that's it already. :P :D

Такова природа мироздания, изобретать велосипед глупо!).
Всё что нужно, это натереть до блеска!

Немцы хорошо умеют делать разные, очень замороченные штучки, которые, тем не менее, абсолютно не практичны для ведения боевых действий в условиях Российской реальности!)

Revolver

« Reply #155 on: July 24, 2015, 02:55:32 pm »

Немцы хорошо умеют делать разные, очень замороченные штучки, которые, тем не менее, абсолютно не практичны для ведения боевых действий в условиях Российской реальности!)

как раз таки наоборот. из этого оружия вышло всё осталное, что имеется на сегодняшний день.
ну а война войной...а обед по расписанию... :)
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

zombie00

« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2015, 03:38:10 pm »

I'm sure he was just joking, there is little in common between the Mp44 and the rifle Mikhail presented for the first time on trial on 1946. If anything, the design "took a lot of inspiration" from Sudayev's rifle prototype of 1944 (AS-44), engineers on the URSS were encourage to share their designs with each other in order to come up with the best product possible, there were no patents on the modern sense of the word. The Germans help perfecting the stamping method Mikhail had first envisioned for the AK production model that only started having a stamped receiver two years later after passing the 1947 trials.

Naaaah ... thats just the Makarov. :D
That's a makarov's bigger brother, the APS pistol (also called Stechkin Automatic Pistol). It's quite a bit larger than the petite Makarov I got to held once. Putin might not be the tallest person, but a makarov would never look as big on his hands. They both fire the same round and they do look a bit alike, but the differences are easy to spot.

Revolver

« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2015, 04:14:13 pm »

I'm sure he was just joking, there is little in common between the Mp44 and the rifle Mikhail presented for the first time on trial on 1946. If anything, the design "took a lot of inspiration" from Sudayev's rifle prototype of 1944 (AS-44), engineers on the URSS were encourage to share their designs with each other in order to come up with the best product possible, there were no patents on the modern sense of the word. The Germans help perfecting the stamping method Mikhail had first envisioned for the AK production model that only started having a stamped receiver two years later after passing the 1947 trials.

That's a makarov's bigger brother, the APS pistol (also called Stechkin Automatic Pistol). It's quite a bit larger than the petite Makarov I got to held once. Putin might not be the tallest person, but a makarov would never look as big on his hands. They both fire the same round and they do look a bit alike, but the differences are easy to spot.

Of course, its a jok....

But if one looks deeper, one sees that for only one cartridge and then comes the gun. The first time ever in the history of warfare, the Germans have invented a so called short rifle saint and made a gun to it.
But best we finish prefer this discussion, because it leads nowhere.

...silent...i kill u !(c) =D =D =D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:17:50 pm by AH-DG »

zombie00

« Reply #158 on: July 24, 2015, 04:24:59 pm »

Of course, its a jok....
But if one looks deeper, one sees that for only one cartridge and then comes the gun. The first time ever in the history of warfare, the Germans have invented a so called short rifle saint and made a gun to it.
But best we finish prefer this discussion, because it leads nowhere.

...silent...i kill u !(c) =D =D =D

Well, of course everyone copied the cartridge concept, the doctrine and the GPMG idea from the Germans. In many ways, they re-wrote warfare as it was known until WW2. The AK is still it's own thing, though, I mean, as much as all the other rifles. Long stroke gas piston system isn't a German only thing, it had been done before the Mp44. Kalashnikov's biggest accomplishment was production simplicity and efficiency, it is a good firearm to massively produce and that was the main goal of the trial he applied to (the model he presented on 1946 was deem as too complex, they also had him changing the charging handle to the right side).

InFerYes

« Reply #159 on: September 02, 2015, 02:11:38 pm »

Sorry if I missed it, it's a long thread. I've seen how the scripts work that makes all the parts of the character model work together, but can anyone point to how the .dds files and .anim files are made? They're binary afaict, when I tried opening them in a text processor.

The wiki has information on what they are, but I'm unsure how to edit/create them.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:17:10 pm by InFerYes »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2015, 02:26:16 pm »

Sorry if I missed it, it's a long thread. I've seen how the scripts work that makes all the parts of the character model work together, but can anyone point to how the .dds files and .anim files are made? They're binary afaict, when I tried opening them in a text processor.

The wiki has information on what they are, but I'm unsure how to edit/create them.

.... .dds files are textures - use Gimp (whyte proper DDS pluging) or Photoshop .... animation files are made mainly by 3D modelling software (blender, 3DSMax) for rigged and animated objects (but not really much applyable now in OT).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

InFerYes

« Reply #161 on: September 02, 2015, 02:31:55 pm »

Since I've already managed to import a model using the importer tool, is it as simple as adjusting the scripts and point to 1 of those models?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]