Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: BTR-80  (Read 53159 times)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
BTR-80
« on: December 23, 2013, 01:14:27 pm »

... is still a faraway to go project, but since Christmas is there ...

The soviet BroneTRansportyor-80 (armored vehicle) in its simplicity and firepower.

- actual sounds have some issues (mainly the firing sound) - the same as the grad system, need to look at it more closely.
 - front-hatches open, doe no interior (and invert sides) there yet. Also there are empty holes for periscopes - dont mind them at this stage.
 - driving characteristics not tuned.

- The KPVT machine gun has a realistic 500 ammo count.

- Not swimming yet, but will get there eventually whyte some suspension anim.

Just for simple fun at this moment. :D Doe i would appreciate any model-issues (inverted vertices etc.) feedback as its a lot of stuff and i might have overlooked something.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z1fkjp

P.S.: Sorry for just one link, the other two sites i upload normally have some issues lately (maybe Christmas got to servers too)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:24:13 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: BTR-80
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 02:27:44 pm »

Sweet. Loading it up right now.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 03:30:38 pm »

OK. I made some modification. Btw, holy crap on a 1080 line script for this.

You didn't have Center of Mass defined so I added it. I also messed with the Suspension stiffness and dampening and grip/slip and final gearing..

Also the right side 3rd wheel is off center. It wobbles a bit. I couldn't fix it (or dared not to).. I will attach the .js I modified.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:00:49 pm by ZeosPantera »
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 11:11:07 pm »

... for some reason, i had plenty of mass center issues back whyte the grad too, is just some bad association in Blender export, as the center of the wheel (will make it better there till Silvester - thanks for heads up).

... dont mind the script ... is a modified beta from the grad that i still try to punch some juice on. But has a lot of things vital for both of their development. Im a little concerned for the suspension as the real stearing rotation axis isnt 90 degrees towards wheel rotation axis and suspension bridges have a non-circle profile. Hope i find something nice enough to solve it.

P.S.: Whos your pal there ? :D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 11:29:49 pm by PytonPago »
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 12:49:43 am »

That is Hybodo. I bought him Outerra for Xmas and he wants to start modelling for it. He already has a cube with wheels in game.. I guess that is the first step.

PytonPago

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 08:49:08 am »

That is Hybodo. I bought him Outerra for Xmas and he wants to start modelling for it. He already has a cube with wheels in game.. I guess that is the first step.

... like the sound of that ... will make a little more in depth (and yes, dubbed too :D) how to till Silvester. Wanted it already posted, but had some difficulties whyte capturing some Blender action.

PytonPago

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 04:41:27 am »

So some changes after a bit time to check all vertices and doing some open-hatches work on it.

- opening hatches (except fire-places, need a little tuning from inside)
 - Shift-UP retracts the wave shield for swimming
 - added some parameters to be amphibious (may need some tuning there later)
 - fixed 3d wheel rotation axis
 - played a little whyte sounds

- SUSPENSION (needs a little bit of refining, doe nice to see those things jumping around nicely)

Here to get :

http://www.upnito.sk/subor/3c3c2d3d99e801e4b9f555698241093f.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s2b3xe

http://www.filedropper.com/btr-80suspensionversion

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3ZscF0ox2AGaG0zaGx6eHduZk0/edit

... still a pre-alpha as no interier action presented .. so await some lot big changes in due time !
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:14:16 am by PytonPago »

PytonPago

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, 02:17:14 am »

Aded some suspension ... you can download at last post. And finally is the hosting problem off too.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 04:12:04 am »

Dat Grip..

OttoPus

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 04:53:01 am »

Very impressive, the physics handling changes smoothly when going into water... amazing.

PytonPago

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 06:03:19 am »

Very impressive, the physics handling changes smoothly when going into water... amazing.

... Zeoses work there whyte vehicle handling  :D ... just limited max and min wheel pos. values (to be more a real thing as the frame doesnt let them get as high as optically would seem fit.)

Have to admit, there can be a lot of animation going on if maths are thought off well ... would align the pneumatics better too, but somehow i cant make a square value (but might be just bad script alignment - will see what the future brings)

Worst thing is, that i found a little problem whyte my material settings at my models when trying to apply UVs ... will take some time to rearrange stuff to be right and modifiable as intended in the matlib-file.

Skipper

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 04:11:32 am »

Had a try last night. Amazing job! Really good looking and (almost) completely functional. Cheers!

PytonPago

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 06:57:27 am »

Had a try last night. Amazing job! Really good looking and (almost) completely functional. Cheers!

... nah ... no AKs and PKMs shooting out of there, blazing radio-optic clouds dispenser functionality, all the interior work and being now stuck on remaking the whole surface to be able to get some textures slapped on it. Also the suspension script - how rude i was to use it that way, im sure Pythagoras is practicing slovak rude language just for my greetings in hell ewer since i posted it. .. just good that no buddy mentioned the missing two steering rods on front wheels. :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 07:04:18 am by PytonPago »

M7

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 02:05:07 pm »

dont know how to download from these sites. There's about 12 download buttons but none seems to be linked  to the OTX. Just wish you could add something like google drive for 2014... and happy new year  :)

M7

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 02:07:52 pm »

just saw the suspension video. Pretty cool!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5