Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Importing road data to the game is it possible?  (Read 4132 times)

thunderheck

Importing road data to the game is it possible?
« on: April 18, 2014, 04:04:50 pm »

So i just bought the game and im trying to recreate my area, unfortunately its taking a long time to input all the roads my self. Is there a way to use google road data and import that onto the map?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
Re: Importing road data to the game is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:32 am »

So i just bought the game and im trying to recreate my area, unfortunately its taking a long time to input all the roads my self. Is there a way to use google road data and import that onto the map?

Theyre working out some way to get global road data in ... legal rights are one of the things getting in way but dont worry - will see that be in-game in time.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

thunderheck

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 06:04:00 am »

Can i do this my self or can only the dev edit these functions?

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 01:20:16 pm »

Can i do this my self or can only the dev edit these functions?

... there is still work to be done before people can add stuff like that themselves, doe, if you have the regions road-layout in needed vector-format, maybe there would be a way already - ME-DEMs will too soon want to add the road data for their middle-earth project ... but still, yes, just AngryPig and Cameny yet. Maybe the road-editr could have an "add vector data layout file" function, where you could see the layout be placed on the terrain and some added tweaking features, like rotating the whole set and moving it around to place it better, set a lat/long for a certain vector placing ( if it has to be GPS/GLONASS rife :D ), changing road-segment characteristics as their height and width - hmm, now when i think about it. They still need to do those stuff -- sidewalks, elevated highways tunnels. They may wait whyte the global roadmap-placing once these functions are there too. That could still take some time. (maybe they work at it together whyte the city-generator to have their interactions flawless)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.