Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: EAGLE  (Read 42170 times)

andfly

EAGLE
« on: May 18, 2014, 10:56:05 pm »

From today (December 4, 2015) this model is running again, adjusted for the normalization of the rotation axes.

Project EAGLE (April-October 2014)         Latest Downloads

Download updated    December 2015 :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgNFVISi1hTEZYcm8/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgMmtyQms5VFNiOWs/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgZ0VkMzROLVpjZHM/view?usp=sharing

Recent movies:

Movies with previous versions:

First Post  ( May 18, 2014)
After a fight with JSBSIM of weeks, I managed to complete the first version, still imperfect but working of a project that had haunted me since I met Outerra.
Always passionate about flight simulators you've dreamed of sailing between the mountains and over the valleys of Anteworld in the purest way, with the wind on my face, riding a winged animal, alive and obedient to the commands.
In a world so primeval and virgin I imagined reptilian humanoids who have learned to tame the great eagles, and use it to get where they want to carry.

Who wants to experience the thrill of this way of flying can download the EAGLE here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgOHNsMWdlUVpQTWM/edit
This link has been disabled (refers to a model not working)

And now  ....  GOOD  FLIGHT  !!!!

Optimized version    Update June 13, 2014
Version with several minor general improvements
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgVE45LW84c0FuVGs/edit?usp=sharing

EAGLE EVOLUTION     Update Sept.2014
Even in Anteworld, how on Earth, but much faster, you obey the rules of Darwinian Evolution.
So even the Eagle has evolved and has several improvements over its earlier versions.

To download Eagle Evolution
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgd01iVkpPUUFCdnc/edit?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 08:10:24 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

HiFlyer

Re: EAGLE
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 11:18:58 pm »

Nice Job!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »

Thanks, HiFlyer !
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »

Send them to DEM and drop the ring in Mordor
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 05:11:57 pm »

Did you separate the wings and scripted the animation on a sinusoid or did you split it for the vert. count of the model ?  ???
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

jonslynn

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 06:38:19 pm »

Can you post a version without the man riding it?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2014, 10:23:11 pm »

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

M7

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2014, 11:50:38 pm »

Would be nice to have it as a scripted AI so they could fly on their own near mountain cliff.

jonslynn

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:55:30 am »

Has anybody downloaded this?  Because it tells me I don't have permission.  I guess I'm not worthy.

Of course it would be nice to have anything fly around mountains on its own.

andfly

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 06:27:03 am »

Send them to DEM and drop the ring in Mordor

They'd surely a more massive and angry dragon flying  .... who knows in the future .....

andfly

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 07:15:59 am »

Did you separate the wings and scripted the animation on a sinusoid or did you split it for the vert. count of the model ?  ???
The first hypothesis is correct!
I split the wings into pieces and scripted their positioning with the commands "move" and "rotate". All the flapping animation is based on a sinusoid deformed by the coefficients which determine the amplitude of the beat and the different inclinations according to the distance from the body of the eagle and the movement of the same (the deformation of the wing when it moves from the bottom upward  is different from the opposite movement.) Unfortunately I was not able to calculate the placements in a perfect way (despite having studied for weeks) and divisions, especially in the ends of the wings, are obvious.

andfly

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:57 am »

Would be nice to have it as a scripted AI so they could fly on their own near mountain cliff.
It 'a thought that haunts me for some time !

andfly

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 07:42:23 am »

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:16:54 pm by andfly »

andfly

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 07:47:27 am »

Has anybody downloaded this?  Because it tells me I don't have permission.  I guess I'm not worthy.

Of course it would be nice to have anything fly around mountains on its own.
Were you able to solve?
I checked Google Drive and it seems all right.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:42 am »

The first hypothesis is correct!
I split the wings into pieces and scripted their positioning with the commands "move" and "rotate". All the flapping animation is based on a sinusoid deformed by the coefficients which determine the amplitude of the beat and the different inclinations according to the distance from the body of the eagle and the movement of the same (the deformation of the wing when it moves from the bottom upward  is different from the opposite movement.) Unfortunately I was not able to calculate the placements in a perfect way (despite having studied for weeks) and divisions, especially in the ends of the wings, are obvious.

... could try to make overlap-pieces (just doing an extension of each piece declining in width into the space of the neighboring one). Also checking the pivot points (origins) and the hierarchy would be interesting too. I speculating now white a leaf-spring - segmented it and parented one peace to another down to the end. Now there are just minor corrections for each based on the wheel Z-axis position (height) - just needs some fine-tuning work too.  But a nice outcome there anyway.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5