Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oculus Rift DK2?  (Read 12353 times)

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Oculus Rift DK2?
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2014, 01:57:39 am »

Well I know that bro. BRO.. I got my start with the lower FOV train but on monitors, with the oculus you want HIGHER FOV because it is going to be perfect and calculated to the game either way. It should be 180° H and 155° V and take up our entire vision and still be scaled for 1:1 size/distance.. What is it now?
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:50 am »

The wow effect of DK1 is lowered in DK2 because of the edges of the screen now more noticeable. The drop doesn't seem to be big in numbers, 111 to 106 or so, but it's noticeable especially looking straight, as if you were in a box or used a badly constructed diving mask.

That makes me wonder what would happen if I stuck a piece of metallic tape on the side plastic, mirroring the screen edges so that the light doesn't go abruptly black at the edges ...

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2014, 03:13:06 am »

There was a mod somebody installed in a DK1 that used this tech https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KQWhYzBu5V8#t=151 to illuminate the edges with a few RGB led's. It makes sense to NOT make it just black in there. Assuming it is plastic could it just be made opaque instead of black? I have not yet gotten an oculus to freak out over.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

bongodriver

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 03:42:43 pm »

If I don't get an update with DK2 support soon I swear I will roll around on the floor screaming........you have been warned :)

James

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2014, 11:36:43 pm »

I blew all my money last summer, and bought the first kit. Unfortunately, I can't afford to get the new one, and they don't do trade ins. :(

2eyed

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2014, 11:39:39 am »

Now pleeeease cameni, hurry up and roll out the update! ;) :D  My DK2 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and the first thing I wanna try is OT in VR. I'm very excited!

WormSlayer

• Half-Life VR
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2014, 12:53:39 pm »

No pressure or anything, but I too would love to see DK2 support :D

costersall

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2014, 08:32:24 pm »

Now that we have DK2 support let talk getting it to run good! It works for me, but I cant seem to change the resolution above 1280 x 720, as in that's the only option. Almost as if its still stuck to DK1 resolution. Positional tracking works great though.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 07:13:07 am »

It uses resolution provided by Oculus SDK, so it should be 1920x1080 in DK2. Resolution set in normal config is ignored in that mode, unless you check "override resolution" in stereo settings.
Pages: 1 [2]