Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Video Capture generates Green Noise Y4M Video  (Read 3472 times)

IIIDPGIII

Video Capture generates Green Noise Y4M Video
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:56:15 am »

Hi. The F9 Video capture fuction is producing y4m video that is green/noisy (included screenshot). The convertion for web4m creates a video that will not even load.  I updated Outerra, VLC, MPC-HC, Nvidia Drivers to the latest versions. The screenshot function works, eng.log (attached) doesn't report any errors.

FLAC works with the -allowext flag but produces really choppy video with strange artifacts. I would really like to use the Outerra capture solution if possible. Anyone else seeing this?

CPU:                         i5-4670k
Operating System:   Windows 8 Pro, 64-bit
GPU processor:      GeForce GTX 460
Driver version:      337.88

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Video Capture generates Green Noise Y4M Video
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 02:26:35 am »

Recent versions produce non-standard Y4M files where the frames are compressed via LZ4, to lower the necessary disk write throughput when capturing. However, the video processing tools in bin/video have been updated as well and they should be producing normal webm files.

IIIDPGIII

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 12:32:31 am »

Thanks Cameni! By manually running vpxenc in command line, it converted the video to a working webm.

When I close Outerra, the video converter GUI comes up and shows that it is processing my videos. No errors are reported, but the webm videos are <1MB and won't load on a media player. It seems like the file path might be breaking the video conversion process. It works now so thank you.

Also, I'm trying to capture videos using the Rift Tracker, but without the barrel distortion Oculus Mode. It seems that Outerra only lets me use both simultaneously. Is there a way to only enable the headtracking part of the Rift and keep the standard display mode?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 02:34:37 am »

You could customize values in eng.cfg, stereo section. I think the barrel distortion is the K vector. If it's all zeroes, it's taken from Rift defaults, try setting 1,0,0,0 there (I'm not entirely sure though).

IIIDPGIII

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:07 pm »

Thanks. Setting the K value for the first variable X to 1 disabled the barrel distortion as you predicted, but it still leaves the screen in the Oculus FOV mode.

I'm getting closed to what I actually want to do, which is to use the Rift Headtracker, but use the default single screen view where I can control the FOV in the graphics panel. Is there a way to leave Outerra in the standard view mode while activating the tracking?

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:07:35 am »

I think it now always turns on the stereoscopic rendering as well. You could use Rift through the trackir plugin, but that's not tied directly, you'd have to adjust the angle scaling.