Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: completely freezes  (Read 19156 times)

Ryan10427

• supporter
completely freezes
« on: July 21, 2014, 02:59:08 pm »

hey, seems every time i run outerra now it freezes my whole PC. to where i haft to hard shutdown and restart. happens at anytime. and all my drivers are up to date. is anyone having this or a solution because i wanna fly the new models i downloaded but i hate restarting every time :/ ill attach my eng.log

EDIT nvm eng file to big to attach and i dont wanna restart outerra :/ here it is on pastebin http://pastebin.com/aYHXUbk5

Ryan10427

• supporter
Re: completely freezes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 05:08:24 pm »

seriously nothing??!?! :/

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:44:00 pm »

INFO: Some foreign modules were found injected into outerra.exe. Note that these modules can interfere with the rendering, causing black screen or rendering artifacts. It's advised either to stop the programs or unload them.
The following potentially problematic modules were found:
C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll (Valve Corporation, Steam Game Overlay Renderer), version 02.32.45.01

I don't know but it might be worth a shot to disable steam overlay renderer. (Disable steam)
Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 10:02:33 pm »

INFO: Some foreign modules were found injected into outerra.exe. Note that these modules can interfere with the rendering, causing black screen or rendering artifacts. It's advised either to stop the programs or unload them.
The following potentially problematic modules were found:
C:\Windows.old\Program Files\Steam\gameoverlayrenderer.dll (Valve Corporation, Steam Game Overlay Renderer), version 02.32.45.01

I don't know but it might be worth a shot to disable steam overlay renderer. (Disable steam)

Ok thanks. ill try tomorrow and see if it still freezes my whole pc

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 08:00:52 am »

Well i had steam completely disabled and off . and as soon as i got to the login page it froze... had to hard boot again. idk why.. it never did this before. nothing new is installed on my pc and i did check for driver updates. everything is up and good. it doesnt like me anymore :c

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Did you try to delete/move eng.cfg and world.cfg files away, to test it with default settings, in case some config change is responsible?

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 09:02:03 am »

Did you try to delete/move eng.cfg and world.cfg files away, to test it with default settings, in case some config change is responsible?

i just did that and Still froze.... i hate restarting soooo much now XD.......

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 09:25:11 am »

I hope it's not a hardware problem, but it might be something with the drivers (or 3rd party programs). I would try a clean reinstall of the drivers (via http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/display_driver_uninstaller_download.html) to be sure, there used to be problems with AMD drivers getting into some unclean state, and not upgrading properly anymore without a clean uninstall.

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 11:26:01 am »

Well i had steam completely disabled and off . and as soon as i got to the login page it froze... had to hard boot again. idk why.. it never did this before. nothing new is installed on my pc and i did check for driver updates. everything is up and good. it doesnt like me anymore :c

There is a little utility called whocrashed by resplendence software that might help you figure out what's wrong. It depends on if the computer actually crashes or if it just freezes. If it writes a crash report this utility will tell you which the problematic driver is.

I made a little review of it on my blog because it has helped me many times. You might see if it can tell you something.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

Cognitive Scientist - VR Enthusiast - Immersion Junkie - UX Professional - Flight Sim Enthusiast - Amateur Musician - Amateur Actor - Semi-old Soul - Caffeine Addict - INFP

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 04:19:27 pm »

There is a little utility called whocrashed by resplendence software that might help you figure out what's wrong. It depends on if the computer actually crashes or if it just freezes. If it writes a crash report this utility will tell you which the problematic driver is.

I made a little review of it on my blog because it has helped me many times. You might see if it can tell you something.

http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

i completely uninstalled my driver and reinstalled it and then everything was fine then it just Froze again.... so its not my drivers.

DivineSense

• What is the Mind?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 04:45:08 pm »

Did you try whocrashed to see if the system was able to leave a message of what could be wrong?

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 10:02:37 am »

I used your program and it didnt find the crashes at all soo its not a Driver Software. idk what to do D:

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2014, 10:29:57 am »

That does not mean it's not a driver, it just froze instead of crashing, and that program only analyzes crash dumps.
Actually it's likely that the freezing is caused by a driver or hardware error, because user-space programs normally can't freeze the OS - they would just become unresponsive. Hard system freezes (where you can't use hotkeys like CTRL+ALT+DEL) are caused by hanging drivers.

Maybe you can try this: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/101379-driver-verifier-enable-disable.html to force crash instead of freezing, and the resulting crash dump can be checked by whocrashed then.

Ryan10427

• supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:02 am »

Ok So now its down to Crashing Within the Minute of Starting.
Everything i have Tried and Done.
1. Did and tried every method you all mention did squat. and found no error nor driver issue
2. reinstalled GPU driver and Did nothing.
3. Checked all Drivers every single on is up to date.
4. Deleted/Uninstalled every Unknown and Not Used Program Recently and old added. (Rebooted)
5. Stopped all Steam/ all Game Overlays
6. Completely Uninstalled Outerra and Reinstalled and Still Happening
7. Ran As Administrator. (was running out of Ideas.)
.... idk if im missing anything here

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2014, 12:40:24 pm »

.... idk if im missing anything here
Maybe re-installing the OS? :D
That always works for me when the OS has serious problems and there are no other options left...
Pages: [1] 2 3