Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Weird Game Freezes with Fast Jets  (Read 2381 times)

bendean

Weird Game Freezes with Fast Jets
« on: September 22, 2014, 09:11:46 pm »

Hi all!

Since the latest update I have found that flying the Mig29 or Eurofighter to high altitude cause these weird game freezes. I'm playing with the oculus rift and it seems like just the physics model freezes as the aircraft just stops instantly in mid air for say 20 secs and then continues as if nothing happened. During this time I can still look around with the rift, access menus, spawn new aircraft etc... but the aircraft is just frozen there in mid-air. Control inputs have no effect on the control surfaces during this time.. its just frozen.. Sometimes they last 5 secs but the longest I have had has been upwards of 40 seconds. My FPS during this time seem fine as my oculus experiance is still great.

It doesn't happen at low level, even while hooning down valleys at supersonic speeds. And it doesn't seem to happen with the big aircraft like the A380 although to be fair I haven't zoom climbed that up to 80k feet yet ;)

Anyway its not a big issue for me as I'm usually on the deck but I thought it might be of interest to somebody.

Cheers
Ben

Steve.Wilson

• Home Cockpit Builder
Re: Weird Game Freezes with Fast Jets
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 01:47:34 am »

Given that neither aircraft likely has data for the flight dynamics model for 80,000 feet, you're probably exceeding the limits of JSBSim.  This is a guess, this is only a guess.  ;)  But when flying at more normal altitudes for a fighter, between 25,000 and 45,000 feet....are you getting pauses?

M7

Re: Weird Game Freezes with Fast Jets
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 10:23:03 am »

I got that too with fast plane and also a couple of times with the eagle over middle earth so it can happen  at slow speed speed and low altitude as well .  Cameni's   responded partially to that same topic in the bug reporting thread. http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=1211.120