Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra Multiplayer  (Read 4911 times)

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
Outerra Multiplayer
« on: November 01, 2014, 04:18:09 am »

May I please ask how far multiplayer is up the todo list.

There is a group of us that all tinker in Outerra, if we could drive and fly around together that would be a big step forward for us and Outerra :)

HiFlyer

Re: Outerra Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:22:39 am »

There is a group of us that all tinker in Outerra, if we could drive and fly around together that would be a big step forward for us and Outerra :)

I wonder how that would work? through a single multi-player server, or through private servers?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:27:35 am »

I don't mind which way HiFlyer, so long as it is working :)

I guess Cameni will have an opinion on which would best suit the Outerra engine.

Fighter117

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 04:55:06 am »

Me too, i will be very happy when Outerra will have a multiplayer ! I wait that since i bought the game ! :)

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 04:55:28 am »

I wonder how that would work? through a single multi-player server, or through private servers?

Cameny wrote somewhere, he would first try an single server for testing out some things ... but dont think it comes before lighting update and the clowds ...
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

aWac9

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:50:49 am »

A game without multiplayer is not any possibility of success. I think we all know why, I do not know is whether at this stage of game development that is possible ..
Anteworld have multiplayer but insurance is essential,,,,, plus it's the only way a game on the network breathe virally.

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 11:07:34 am »

It may take a massive corporate owned network of servers to do OT multiplayer RIGHT..

One server for player orientations, movement per (~500 users)

One server for terrain modifications being communicated. (roads, craters)

One server for model, sound and texture proliferation. (custom models etc)

One server for in-game voice/text communications (~1000 users)

Then a master server that handles all the servers so that when you fly, drive, walk from india to sweden it seamlessly drops you into the correct server for your region. I presume most times people in the northern hemisphere don't need to know the player orientation of people in the southern hemisphere but communication lines should be open. And should you get into proximity(5 miles?) of a player with a custom model/texture/sound it will be automatically downloaded as you approach so you can see and hear and steal it when you get there.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

murkz

• The Antisocial Gamer
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 11:19:55 am »

As grand as that scheme sounds ZP :) I would be happy with considerably less players and perhaps a much simpler way of doing MP.

Something like ArmA with local host or dedicated servers.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 12:02:15 pm »

Zeos has a point for a pure vehicle simulator Server ... realistic aircraft traffic and marine environments navigation ... doe, still think Cameny will start up on limited ground servers ( doe if for all regions where created and some special serwer switch when going beyond bariers, it could be an1 interesting concept).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.