Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic  (Read 10842 times)

Planets

The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic
« on: November 03, 2014, 04:59:21 pm »

So since updating to the latest version of Outerra yesterday it this has been happening every time I start the game up.

It's never happened before, and its quite the bother as I'm constantly exiting and starting Outerra multiple times trying to trial and error my .fbx imports and this theme change persists after quitting for a minute or so. Plus I feel it's just unnecessary as Outerra ran fine before using my normal windows color scheme.

Apologies if the issue has been brought up before I searched on the forums for anything similar but couldn't find anything about this.

Also sorry in advance if this belongs in the bug report thread, I haven't been able to find out anything if it is a deliberate change or not yet.

HiFlyer

Re: The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:01:58 pm »

Version 0.8.3.4883

hmd orientation working during login
added optional joint_id parameter to set_fps_camera_pos methods of scripting interfaces, allowing to bind camera to a bone
Windows Aero disabled to suppress judder with Oculus
fix for vehicle sounds sometimes bound to a wrong object (MiG)
fixed mouse invert in ufo mode
fixed uninstaller not doing anything
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:37:38 pm »

As far as I know, changing color scheme is just for improve the performance... You just lose your transparent bars and stuff like that for a while. Shouldn't affect your work. In my case, everything returns to normality immediately after closing OT.

Changing topic, ¿could you lead me to some tutorial about importin .fbx?

I just found this:

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2087.15

but

- "Hello, is your FBX importer (even in alpha) already " reachable "somewhere in the last version ? "

- "Nope, its not released yet. Probably in the next version".

Thanks!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Planets

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:04:22 pm »

Windows Aero disabled to suppress judder with Oculus

Ah thanks, Windows Aero, that's what I should have searched for.

I don't have Oculus rift though so this change isn't necessary to me, but I still can't disable it no matter what I try. I guess I'll just deal with it for now.

Changing topic, ¿could you lead me to some tutorial about importin .fbx?
- "Hello, is your FBX importer (even in alpha) already " reachable "somewhere in the last version ? "

- "Nope, its not released yet. Probably in the next version".

Ctrl+F7 for fbx importer.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 07:13:48 pm »

Great, thanks!!!

Where can I find this info?... I have searched for "tutorials", "shortcuts", "fbx" in the forum... "outerra tutorials" in google...
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 07:38:56 pm »

Great, thanks!!!

Where can I find this info?... I have searched for "tutorials", "shortcuts", "fbx" in the forum... "outerra tutorials" in google...

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?board=22.0

« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 10:26:23 pm by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Planets

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 12:05:30 am »

Hah, I just realized you can make changes to the .fbx model and re-import it from Outerra without having to exit out of Outerra and back again and the changes (scale,etc) will update right away, way cool.

So the color scheme changing is even less of an issue now, and with Blender open and Outerra windowed, making changes and adjusting scale of the model on the go my workflow feels 5x faster  :D

Gemini6

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »

I don't have oculus either and had no issues with aero, but now with the latest update my screen has squares now. :(

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 03:02:24 am »

Did you try to update your graphics drivers? Rasterization artifacts like these are often some driver bugs.

Zabulon

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 02:08:06 am »

Did you try eToro here and update your graphics drivers? Rasterization artifacts like these are often some driver bugs.

Will getting a better graphics card stop this from happening on Windows 7? What is a good graphics card that can handle Outerra?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 04:52:46 am by Zabulon »

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 07:02:30 pm »

Hardware requirements

Outerra engine runs on OpenGL 3.3 and requires recent graphics drivers. It will warn you if your drivers are outdated, or even refuse to run in case you've got old ATI drivers that are known not to work at all.
The minimum requirements are:
  • Windows Vista and higher, limited Windows XP support
  • Nvidia 8xxx series or better, AMD/ATI 5xxx or better with recent AMD/ATI drivers (older ATI series are no longer supported by AMD and their legacy OpenGL 3.3+ drivers are buggy)
  • Recent graphics drivers!
  • 512MB graphics memory
  • 2GB RAM
  • 500MB disk space for the initial install, up to 15GB for fully downloaded Earth dataset
Recommended:
  • Nvidia 470GTX or better, ATI 6870 or better
  • 1GB graphics memory
  • a 2-core CPU

Literally can be found in the download post. Other than that you need the latest drivers which is also stated there, and that will probably take care of artifacts, unless you are also running something that is messing with the Outerra process.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 07:04:33 pm by DenisJ »