Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Any light at the end of the tunnel for coming out of alpha?  (Read 3236 times)

frammelpie

Any light at the end of the tunnel for coming out of alpha?
« on: November 11, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »

Hi all,

Just wondering, I purchased the alpha upgrade roughly 2 years ago and aside from various (and frequent) build updates to back-end stuff, I haven't seen this thing change much at all.  Are there *any projected dates as to when this might at least get to beta?  Is this already being discussed somewhere else and I just haven't seen it yet?  Or is it maybe just going to be another perpetual alpha development project?  Not to slight it, it's obviously functional in its own right but a lot of early-access stuff seems to end up that way and there were stated projections for additions even way back when I picked it up that don't seem to be any closer to implementation.

Please point me in the right direction if I'm missing something here, thanks!

leifgiering

Re: Any light at the end of the tunnel for coming out of alpha?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 11:12:53 pm »

In the end, unless a competent developer with sufficiently allocated funding would show up, probably the only viable way to accelerate development of a simulator is crowd funding, that would allow us to build a dedicated development team here working with the core engine in parallel. Some of possibilities with Outerra were described in this Avsim topic.

From this thread http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3007.0

The Dev team appears to be underfunded, which is probably why development is so slow.

leifgiering

HiFlyer

Re: Any light at the end of the tunnel for coming out of alpha?
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 12:12:33 am »

Or is it maybe just going to be another perpetual alpha development project?

I think a very large number of people are hoping not!!!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro