Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Joystick hat switch issue  (Read 4385 times)

adler58

Joystick hat switch issue
« on: December 20, 2014, 04:27:34 am »

Hi,
I just installed Outerra, mostly for using it as a flight simulator, and went to the "controls" menu for setting my joystick (a good old MS Sidewinder FF2 USB)

All joystick axes and buttons were correctly recognized and I managed to assign them to their usual functions for an aircraft, with one exception:

the hat switch button, which I didn't manage to assign to look left, right, up and down as desired.
Only the up direction switch has been recognized, but it has been assigned to "look left" ... strange behaviour

Is there a way I can do those assignments manually, e.g. editing any config file in the sim folder?

Best regards to everybody, thanks in advance
Flight history and simulation fan

aWac9

Re: Joystick hat switch issue
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 08:06:11 am »

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=2779.0

POV type in the upper right part of the forum ...,, in search window, and will appear every post related to your topic.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:09:50 am by aWac9 »

adler58

Re: Joystick hat switch issue
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 04:25:37 am »

Thank you, I solved with Xpadder: I assigned the views to the keyboard arrow keys in the game, then the arrow keys to the hat switch in Xpadder.
It works, thanks :)

Those views are "at a glance" then return to normal forward view

For slow panning, I use the mousepad (my gaming PC is a notebook) with my left hand ... perhaps such practice will be useful for my future piano player career ... :) :)
Flight history and simulation fan