Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Underwater Exploration  (Read 41473 times)

andfly

Underwater Exploration
« on: March 09, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

From today ( December 15, 2015) the SUB SPHERE is running again.
For SUB SPHERE Ver.2.0 redo the download at the usual address.

Original Post ( March 9,2015)
After the release of the last update with those fantastic clouds (Thanks Cameni, Angrypig and collaborators !!) and even more fantastic LIGHTS, I thought it was time to devote to a project to what I was thinking for a while 'time: the underwater exploration of Anteworld.
Then I read on the forum that Cameni said that the lights do not work underwater and I got confirmation from the immersion tests of 'F 117 of Levi,  but by now I was at work, and, even if the lights do not illuminate the seabed, however illuminate the model and any other submerged objects and the effect final is already so very satisfactory.
We await the chance to light up the seabed and then the effect will be exciting!

The commands to drive this small sphere underwater are listed in the file "Readme_SUB SPHERE.js" located in the directory "Help" created, along with other folders of the model, on the decompression package "OTX" (it is a text file:  to be renamed  with extension ".txt").

My wish for everyone is: Good Diving !!!

To download SUB SPHERE:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgRTFZaTEyZUpLbGc/view?usp=sharing

The movie:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 05:27:05 pm by andfly »
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

HiFlyer

Re: Underwater Exploration
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 03:07:09 pm »

Fantastic! Now we just need the lights to work underwater.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 03:37:17 pm »

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is great! Bravo!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:43 pm »

Now just some terrifying deep-water fishes to be added ... to scare people out of the chair finding them by accident.  =D

... hope you dont find any giant Cymothoa exigua.   :D
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Levi

• Outerra Mods Site!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 04:48:49 pm »

This is awesome! Great job andfly!

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »

Now just some terrifying deep-water fishes to be added ... to scare people out of the chair finding them by accident.  =D

... hope you dont find any giant Cymothoa exigua.   :D

Can't remember where I saw the .otx with whales for OT. Where is it, andfly?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 05:03:18 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2015, 05:15:31 pm »

This thing has a real Kerbal Space Program vibe  :D
Really great, awesome work on the interior view and instruments!

Just one note, you forgot the x of exploration at the back of the sub  :)

ferda

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2015, 02:45:38 am »

Excellent work

Thanks  8) Ferda

andfly

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2015, 05:42:12 am »

Fantastic! Now we just need the lights to work underwater.

Thanks HiFlyer
Yeah, I really hope that, in the next update, this possibility is implemented!
And maybe that is also considered the possibility of preventing water from invading the hulls of boats ...
Currently, when laying a ship in the sea, the water is not removed and this has no importance when the hull is opaque but, in the case of a transparent sphere, you see the water inside.
It would be great if the water, noticing the presence of a boat, we beat against creating waves (as it does on the beaches), and that effect would be fabulous, staying inside the sphere underwater, see the waves crashing on the outer part and close again above, I start a dive ....
This does not think it will be easy .. maybe ...
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2015, 06:15:31 am »

Pyton, did you read my mind!
Finally there, where still the mystery is beyond our knowledge, we can let go and free the imagination, creating strange creatures and terrifying, that swim in the dark and suddenly appear from behind a cliff and make it exciting exploration of the ocean depths !
But ... there will be the ocean depths and slopes and valleys underwater ??
Near the coast the sea bottom there is certainly also a very deep ... but in the open sea?
When you go on the high seas, things change.
The water is no longer transparent and form a slight surface layer beneath which there is: nothing!
Only when you get closer to the seabed returns all black as if you were again immersed in the water and "something" solid there.
We remain with the curiosity and in "suspense" until, with underwater lighting, we can unravel the mystery ....
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:40:46 am by andfly »

andfly

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2015, 07:46:48 am »

Wow, wow, wow!!! This is great! Bravo!
Thanks KW, a really nice compliment.

Quote from: KW71
Can't remember where I saw the .otx with whales for OT. Where is it, andfly?
Whales (and dolphins and more ...) are part of the evidence that I have in the pipeline and which are not yet fully satisfied, just begin to like it more certainly will be published.

In this regard I would like to expand but a more general discussion on a topic that arouses me a bit 'of concern for an opinion and advice.
I'm still not a good designer 3D and are not able to create a model with curves typical of a living being or a real object.
The SUB SPHERE is the first model that I could create everything myself (except boots) but is built only with cylinders, spheres, cubes and torus and some deformation.
I can afford to continue to use models of other people, downloaded from free site, process them, cut them, change the texture and make them public for everyone ??
It is true that mine is not a commercial operation and not gain a penny from my work but Anteworld has a cost (low ... the best $ 15 I ever spent) and could retract all our work in the context of a commercial operation ...
My fear is to receive an email of an author, offended by a use and an elaboration of his model is not expressly authorized, that force me to withdraw the models on which I have spent hours and hours of work.
Patience ... I would continue to use them privately ... but that's not the problem: I do not want to offend anyone nor sorrow!

It 'a bit' I think of an idea ....
Surely, among fans of Outerra, there are so many talented designers who do not have the time or inclination or susceptibility to animate their models, and there are many others (like me) who can not draw, but having a good time and get good results with programming.
You could create a section, on this forum, where authors deposit their models in "free use only for Outerra" and from which programmers could draw, in exchange for a commitment to highlight and publicize the name and the author's work, sure not to do wrong to none?

Well, it's an idea ....

andfly

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2015, 07:59:34 am »

This is awesome! Great job andfly!
Once again, thanks Levi.
When (and if) I can get close to the aesthetic perfection of your models ...
I'll be even happier.

andfly

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2015, 08:54:21 am »

This thing has a real Kerbal Space Program vibe  :D
Really great, awesome work on the interior view and instruments!

Just one note, you forgot the x of exploration at the back of the sub  :)
Well ... the comparison with the atmosphere of Kerbal is a tremendous honor.
Thanks Acetone.
The "x" of Exploration .... we focus on devising sophisticated  and impressive algorithms and then glides on more mundane banana skin ..
I already remedied. Thanks alert.

P.S. It is not in question but I could not do not tell you.
When you released the screen of the glorious F-117A Stealth Fighter, in DOS, I almost moved! I spent hours and hours on that game still wonder how technology could give, in a normal person, the thrill of flying a fighter super-sophisticated ...
Of course, since then, progress has been remarkable!
But the excitement is the same, even in front of some polygon colored and without the perfection of the graphics and power of today.
Thanks also for this emotion.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 09:34:24 am by andfly »

andfly

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2015, 09:02:53 am »

Excellent work

Thanks  8) Ferda

Thanks to you, Ferda  :)

aWac9

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:28 pm »

Congratulations andfly. It is a great job.
Your model reminds me of the films of James Bond,
 :)
"a dangerous drug dealer is about to acquire a nuclear bomb.
the intelligence service knows that the meeting will be in a luxurious villa of the Canary Islands,,,, will be monitoring and be dangerous.
the andfly007 agent has orders from the queen to prevent such purchase.
it will attempt to reach the coast with a submarine
get it?
well done andfly007
magnificent"

What is your name?
fly .... andfly
 ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3