Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Underwater Exploration  (Read 41471 times)

tknudsen

Re: Underwater Exploration
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2015, 12:02:34 am »

Cool vehicle, too bad Anteworld does not simulate loss of color the deeper you go..

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2015, 02:43:34 am »

(If you are not too annoying: the lights that work underwater are complicated? Can we hope for soon?)

Hopefully I'm not annoying :)

Some quick hacks will possibly work, probably not with all correct color attenuation yet. Ideally we'd like to make the ocean rendering deferred, so I don't want to spend too much time on the existing version. Deferred will be needed also for enhanced waves, and to get rid of some ugly hacks there.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2015, 04:28:12 am »

(If you are not too annoying: the lights that work underwater are complicated? Can we hope for soon?)

Some quick hacks will possibly work, probably not with all correct color attenuation yet. Ideally we'd like to make the ocean rendering deferred, so I don't want to spend too much time on the existing version. Deferred will be needed also for enhanced waves, and to get rid of some ugly hacks there.

... you plan some hydrodynamics too ? I mean, when weather is brought to perfection, it would be interesting, if muddy-water would be dragged along currents and sediment in peacefull ones, whyte all the light-distribution stuff bound whyte coloidic fluids. Imagine even a tool, just like that crater-gun, but pouring some collor-liqiud, witch you would be able to collor the water (such things could be interesting if someone would try to do an tanker oil-spill)
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

HiFlyer

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2015, 04:55:25 am »

Which brings up another point I've been wondering about. Is the current lighting deferred? I've been curious about the FPS hits some of the lights can cause.

It seems like 2 or 3 4runners side by side would be in danger of just about crashing the sim!

Which would not bode well for the type of fancy lighting shown in the video I posted.
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2015, 01:31:38 pm »

The program looks interesting.  8)
I remain patient and confident expectation.
Thanks Cameni.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2015, 05:16:56 pm »

Is the current lighting deferred? I've been curious about the FPS hits some of the lights can cause.

It seems like 2 or 3 4runners side by side would be in danger of just about crashing the sim!

Which would not bode well for the type of fancy lighting shown in the video I posted.
Lighting is tiled forward, but it's not yet fully optimized. Also, given how people are adding lights, we'll have to make them fade faster than it would be realistic, to reduce their range and complexity.

HiFlyer

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2015, 08:22:44 pm »

Is the current lighting deferred? I've been curious about the FPS hits some of the lights can cause.

Lighting is tiled forward, but it's not yet fully optimized. Also, given how people are adding lights, we'll have to make them fade faster than it would be realistic, to reduce their range and complexity.

Is the use of tile forward lighting why you aren't casting shadows with them, yet?
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

andfly

« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2015, 10:39:34 pm »

Cool vehicle, too bad Anteworld does not simulate loss of color the deeper you go..

Thanks of appreciation, tknudsen  :)

But ... it seems to me that instead Outerra simulates quite well the loss of color with depth ... everything becomes increasingly blue and then black.
Indeed, the absorption of the colors in the water is a parameter that can be adjusted between those acting in the "Environment Setting" of Anteworld.

Do not get confused with the bright color of the submarine: it remains so, indeed, it seems that increases in intensity over the sea turns black, why is forcibly lit by the lights that he has.
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

andfly

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »

I restored the operation of the SUB SPHERE and I added some features to make it more complete and engaging.
To learn new drive commands: read the Manual in the Help folder.

Have fun and happy diving !!!

Download SUB SPHERE Ver 2.0 (the usual):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6114pZ3kPTgRTFZaTEyZUpLbGc/view?usp=sharing

StrakanXJ

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2016, 10:58:45 am »

Wow. Hats off. I love the Hud, the model is fantastic...inspiring!

Aztec2012

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2021, 02:07:21 pm »

Lights works?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2021, 02:27:55 pm »

Aztec2012

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2021, 06:19:47 am »

Hah. Need to working lights in underwater.
Pages: 1 2 [3]