Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Regular screen on monitor, black screen on Oculus  (Read 3883 times)

danewfixer69

Regular screen on monitor, black screen on Oculus
« on: March 24, 2015, 01:55:59 am »

When I run the Outerra demo I just downloaded, I see the initial starfield and welcome screen on my monitor (fullscreen), but the screen on my Oculus Rift DK2 is black. I've tried deleting the eng.cfg, world.cfg, and default.cam files, but still no luck.
I'm running it on new computer running Win8.1 64-bit and an nVidia GTX 970 video card with the latest drivers installed, also running Oculus runtime 0.4.4.
I've attached the eng.log file.
Oddly, the only "problematic module" found according to eng.log is the Oculus display driver.
The following potentially problematic modules were found:
C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\OVRDisplayRT32.dll (Oculus VR, LLC, Oculus Display Driver), version 1.2.2.0

Also, I can't seem to end the program.  Pressing ESC or any other key does nothing; I have to kill the app via Task Manager.

I'd really like to see this program, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with my system.  Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Regular screen on monitor, black screen on Oculus
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 04:20:04 am »

There seems to be just one attached display. Are you running Oculus in extended display mode?

LeeP

Re: Regular screen on monitor, black screen on Oculus
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 05:35:13 am »

Download the newest Oculus runtime 5.0.1