Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Lens flare effect?  (Read 15498 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Lens flare effect?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2015, 01:39:09 pm »

God rays > lens flares.

Here is a preview picture of light shafts posted a while ago by Angrypig in the screenshot forum :) :

(Atmosphere color is pink to make the effect more visible)

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2015, 01:48:13 pm »

But if you ever decide to add a lens flare in Outerra, don't use a dirty lens filter. I seriously hate it! Ever since BF3 came out, this is considered a "next-gen" feature. But it's unrealistic and annoying.

I don't plan any "glass" lens effects. I find it really annoying when you play some kind of a fantasy game (like Witcher recently) and suddenly the camera following it gets dirt and water drops. Even if it's 3rd person, I'm not following the guy with a camera, I'm the guy.

I would only want effects that appear in human eye, though they seem to be hard to define.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2015, 02:37:32 pm »

I would only want effects that appear in human eye, though they seem to be hard to define.

... like dust blown into your eyes, water poured or dropping on the eyeballs, swelling and itching after irritating substances fall into them ...  =D

From the real ones, i cant think of anything else than the corrona contractions due to light-intensity .... maximally when changing environments (Water-Air). So just darkenning and lighting the scene for the little moments is probably all (corrected on the light-sources placement on the screen).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Jagerbomber

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2015, 06:38:21 pm »

Every once in a while you see your eyelids close in pain when a bug flies into your eye...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 01:00:41 am »

Every once in a while you see your eyelids close in pain when a bug flies into your eye...

... hmm ... actually there are two more :

1.) when lower blood-pressure is in brain for an instance (standing up too quick), you see some little whytey-rainbowy dots flying around for a brief moment.

2.) Sometimes, you notice coagulated proteins floating around in the intraocular fluid. (its perfectly normal and they normally dissolve after some time again).
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2015, 02:55:46 am »

The most obvious one, carrying information too, is the dark/red veil when you are exposed to positive/negative G.

Krutan

• King Crab
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »

But if you ever decide to add a lens flare in Outerra, don't use a dirty lens filter. I seriously hate it! Ever since BF3 came out, this is considered a "next-gen" feature. But it's unrealistic and annoying.

I don't plan any "glass" lens effects. I find it really annoying when you play some kind of a fantasy game (like Witcher recently) and suddenly the camera following it gets dirt and water drops. Even if it's 3rd person, I'm not following the guy with a camera, I'm the guy.

That good to hear :)

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2015, 07:44:12 pm »

"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

LeeP

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2015, 06:08:20 am »

Hey Acetone here's some sound for your pic..▶ Vessels - The Sky Was Pink by Vessels
I cant seem put a freakin link in here.

I listen to this some times among others when I cruzz this planet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 06:33:00 am by LeeP »
Pages: 1 [2]