Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Guide to WW II Hangars.  (Read 46011 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: Guide to WW II Hangars.
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2016, 12:44:19 pm »

Could you showme a screenshot of just that section in wireframe?
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

• Adlerhorst-Hangar Design Group ©
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2016, 02:04:25 pm »

I do not know what you mean exactly ... ??? Therefore, here are some screens ...

"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen
werden kann, und dies ist die Verfälschung der Geschichte."(F.Hebbel)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2016, 09:03:41 pm »

Hi again!

Yes, the problem is triangulation, but it is due you have n-gons in your model: any model must be conformed of quads and triangles only. In this case the bottom of the wall go from left to right as a single face with many sides, because there are not cuts on the windows.

As you can see in the pair of images on the top (max) I added a pair of cuts beneath the window (left just marked in yellow, right the cuts actually made).

The images in the bottom are OT screenshots. As you can see there is no warp in the right image, although the lines may be a little bit twisted because I didn't corrected the UVs when I made the cuts.

"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Revolver

« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2016, 05:37:05 am »

The problem then encountered when I turned from vertical to horizontal UVWs.
That's all .... because in earlier model (see OTX file) gives not such a problem.

Thanks for clarifying.

p.s. And one more thing, the problem is not in the model, or 3rd Max FBX export to,
but in OT FBX Importer. Differently can I do not explain why all is OK and only
the OT-FBX import this problem occurs. ???
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:17:08 am by AH-DG »
"Es gibt nur eine Sünde, die gegen die ganze Menschheit mit allen ihren Geschlechtern begangen

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2016, 11:40:29 am »

The problem then encountered when I turned from vertical to horizontal UVWs.
That's all .... because in earlier model (see OTX file) gives not such a problem.

Thanks for clarifying.

p.s. And one more thing, the problem is not in the model, or 3rd Max FBX export to,
but in OT FBX Importer. Differently can I do not explain why all is OK and only
the OT-FBX import this problem occurs. ???

I'm not sure about a problem with the FBX importer.

Having only quads (or tris), is necessary. If you have a face with N quantity of sides it is really composed by triangles. How are those triangles arranged inside that face? When it is inside Max, is Max who decide, or you can tell him by using "turn":

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-C662D6AA-25CF-4736-8C48-9A098EA48A0F

But then any engine can decide how to split it; UDK could decide a different sequence that Cryengine, and that's why you end up with different looks on each engine.

The last time you imported the .fbx you had certain UV layout (wich also may have some impact), and things gone lucky well. But when you changed that, the model could end with a different triangulation when imported.

That's why is better to export things correctly divided (and if possible triangulated).

Hope this help.  :)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 12:04:14 pm by KW71 »

Revolver

« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2016, 06:38:02 am »

Well, I have followed your advice and added a few points.
Then it went and the problem was eliminated.

Thanks for the help. ;)

Revolver

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »

Hello!

Can someone tell me why I have this seam? Have already tried everything possible, all points (on welded), with different smoothing
Tried, but after upload FBX in OT, always comes this seam to appear. What should I do ... where is the error?

in OT...

in 3D Max...

So, I'm with my Latin at the end and do not know what I should still examine ....  :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 11:17:18 pm by AH-DG »

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2017, 01:48:38 am »

You sure the cylinder isnt cut at that place (physically, not in UV - try deleting doubble-pivot points there ), or is there some bad angle ( compared to other surfaces on the cylinder ) ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2017, 05:43:56 am »

You sure the cylinder isnt cut at that place (physically, not in UV - try deleting doubble-pivot points there ), or is there some bad angle ( compared to other surfaces on the cylinder ) ?

Hi PP,

I can give you the 3D model ... maybe you'll find this error. And no, the part is not cut, and in UVW Mapping it is welded to each other (up-down). Just tell me in which format should I save the 3D model. Thanks!

PytonPago

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2017, 08:01:37 am »

Hi PP,

I can give you the 3D model ... maybe you'll find this error. And no, the part is not cut, and in UVW Mapping it is welded to each other (up-down). Just tell me in which format should I save the 3D model. Thanks!

.3ds, .fbx or .dae ... ill look on it.
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

Revolver

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2017, 09:05:55 am »

I do not believe that it is look in UVW Mapping, or the textures, but anyway to smoothing and / or FBX Importer ...?
Well, how that may be. Look times PM... you find there everything.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 09:08:19 am by AH-DG »

Revolver

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2017, 08:57:32 am »

Well, it is as I suspected it from the beginning - FBX Importer BUG!
The FBX importer does not update the data that has already been transmitted, but will continue to do so if it has been transferred again under the same name.
This means, if the first time with the import which was not worked out and the File-Name remains the same (file: xxxb), then it must next time the
File-Name, otherwise - enclose BUG!

As an an example; First deleted the englog file & file_dialog_history and immediately (with the FBX importer) no further way of finding the FBX file to import,
Because FBX importer has found no other HDD than (C: / ...). Next I introduced in file_dialog_history (X: / ...) and then again with
FBX Importer imported my file. At the end, everything has worked out and seen here as the result ... (At 3D model nothing was made-old remained)

@ Brano. Therefore you should first check FBX importer and delete the BUG.

Gruß,
Stefan

PytonPago

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2017, 10:56:00 am »

Ah, yes, that happens sometimes too ...

angrypig

« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2017, 05:33:57 am »

The problem with the seam is probably caused by UV mapping and tangent space computation. Please check if the UV mapping is correct. Or you can send the FBX file to our email so I can check the problem.

Revolver

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2017, 03:08:06 pm »

The problem with the seam is probably caused by UV mapping and tangent space computation. Please check if the UV mapping is correct. Or you can send the FBX file to our email so I can check the problem.

I have unfortunately deleted old file and the ones I sent PP, I have not yet got back. =|

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5