Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: New sandbox editor  (Read 22557 times)

deathevor

• User
    • Sk-Films
Re: New sandbox editor
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 05:01:03 pm »

Import/Export Scenery!!! Must be there!!!

Sharing sceneries will make the world growing.
VFx Artist/Supervisor, Private Pilot - www.sk-films.com

Uriah

• Global Moderator
  • We do these things not because they are easy. -JFK
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 07:54:30 pm »

I agree that would make it easier, but how do you define/select the area you want to export in a user interface? It is separated by world tiles in the cache folder structure, so maybe a tile selection tool/mode which exports the cache objects.bix and road.bix files in the selected region to OTX.

By the way, very very nice work pasto! The new interface is outstanding!  :D

Regards,
Uriah

HiFlyer

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »

Maybe something like the scenery library in FSX, where you can select and deselect specific scenery?

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2015, 04:17:48 am »

I think the current way to export and save scenery is ok, it doesn't require a lot of work and is not too hard to understand. I have a tutorial for it here:
http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3231.msg36246#msg36246

However, it's true, some control for the end user would be nice. Currently, all the scenery data is stored in the main cache folder, but I guess in the future this kind of content will be separated from the user cache data, like it will probably be the case with other datasets as OSM.

Something like : username/Outerra/sceneries/moddername/logic path to the modified tiles (+x/47/6F/E7/00, etc.). That way, it will be easy to delete a scenery, because it will be in a single place, not mixed with user data or with other scenery content.

When it happens, maybe adding an objdef file into scenery package could be interesting, with a custom interface (like the vehicles/models one) so the user can check ingame which locations are installed (maybe with the possibility to remove these, so he don't have to explore the files), with a list of the dedicated campos.

thx_nb

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2015, 03:08:58 pm »

Exporting scenery isn't too hard indeed. What would be nice is the possibility to merge (parts of) tiles.
This is probably not too easy with regards to changes in the landscape, but as long as care is taken to not work in the same area this could work.

For example: I created the nurburgring (track only, no buildings) in Germany, which covers only a very small surface area. It would be nice to be able to merge this kind of thing when somebody already has scenery in a different part off that tile.
Pages: 1 [2]