Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Is there going to be a game before I pass?  (Read 9522 times)

ObscuredSoS

Is there going to be a game before I pass?
« on: August 20, 2015, 11:17:59 am »

Don't mean to sound like a jerk.. How much longer before there is a game attached to this engine? Or how much longer before the mod community are allowed to create games for this engine? It's been almost three years since I last visited these forums and I haven't seen really anything pertaining an actual game. I'm sure there are plenty of under the hood work on the engine that was done.. I just want to play a game. =D 

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
Re: Is there going to be a game before I pass?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 11:25:44 am »

There is a lot of back end work being done already for "customers" (spelled, government and military agencies or pro mil sim developers) that I presume are taking up a load of the developers time.

The SDK is the key here. Kickstarter or even a Patreon or a Steam Greenlight is going to be the big kickstart here. The question is will the SDK come out before or as a result of one of those things..

Until a multi-player infrastructure is included I don't see the point of going forward with any game previews.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

bomber

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 03:07:57 pm »

Don't mean to sound like a jerk.. How much longer before there is a game attached to this engine? Or how much longer before the mod community are allowed to create games for this engine? It's been almost three years since I last visited these forums and I haven't seen really anything pertaining an actual game. I'm sure there are plenty of under the hood work on the engine that was done.. I just want to play a game. =D

I'm a part of the mod community here, will you be moding or just playing ?

Also before I can attempt to answer that question... I'll need to know you age and any relevant health issues you might have and any health issues of your immediate family, Do you smoke, drink, take regular exercise ?

This isn't an easy question to answer.... you appreciate I'm sure. So you'll have to give us some time after supplying all your details.

Regards

Simon

"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Jagerbomber

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2015, 03:31:48 pm »

wat
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

zombie00

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:46:57 pm »

Until a multi-player infrastructure is included I don't see the point of going forward with any game previews.

I concur with the rest, but I really don't care about multiplayer infrastructure or anything related to multiplayer, good games could be made and game development in general could start without it. Maybe having a multiplayer will help with an eventual crow-funding.
But yeah, it's better to have a solid base before moving forward. A lot of what they are trying to do takes a high degree of innovation, stuff like physics like we know them don't work the same way at this scale.

FarlanderMiG

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 02:34:07 pm »

I don't think a (most likely) simulator game would work too well without neither of them.

I can see that some people enjoy flying 4 hours in a Cessna 172 in x-plane single player, but personally i could not even do 2 hours without some friends to fly the trip with.

That being said, there are times where single player is useful to me too. for example when testing performance of an aircraft.

Chinate

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 07:31:59 am »

I am waiting for the game as well :)

but several months ago, cloud didn't even exist, so do wind and moon, you may not want to live in an Anteworld like this...

this team is building a game, as well as a game engine, from ground up. I think it is worthy to wait :D

Varldsligist

• Long time x, first time y
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 11:28:54 am »

Developing Outerra shares a striking similarity to the book of Genesis. And like the book, Outerra isn't going to be written in a day.
So far Cameni has created the heavens and the earth...

krcm1981

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 10:46:50 am »

Developing Outerra shares a striking similarity to the book of Genesis. And like the book, Outerra isn't going to be written in a day.
So far Cameni has created the heavens and the earth...

And Outerra said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. Cameni saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. Cameni called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—In the program.

And Outerra said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” So Cameni made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. Cameni called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—In the program.

And Outerra said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. Cameni called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And Cameni saw that it was good.

Then Outerra said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And Cameni saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—In the program.

And Outerra said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. Cameni made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. Cameni set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And Cameni saw that it was good. And there was evening, and there was morning—In the program.
 ;)
U.S. Army CW2 Ret.
153DD UH-60A/L Aviator MedEvac

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 02:50:32 pm »

If only half of you weren't fallen angels before I finish  ^-^

bomber

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:14 pm »

Yes that will be a challenge...
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

CaptTrego

• Target 4 Today!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2015, 11:34:57 am »

hehehehehe!   ;/ ;/ ;/
"Will it ever fly...??"

<CaptTrego!>