Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: UFO mode controls ?  (Read 8930 times)

Dissentrix

UFO mode controls ?
« on: February 11, 2016, 05:55:36 pm »

Hello ! I'm completely new, but also infinitely interested in what promises to be a fun experience !
So I have three questions (forgive me if these have already been asked, I just don't have the courage to look through 29 pages of threads) :
1) I can't move right ! I'm using an AZERTY keyboard (again, forgive me), and I don't know how to change the UFO mode controls. I've checked in the player controls, the flight controls... nothing ! Only things under UFO in controls are "roll" and "change speed".
2) I somehow managed to spawn a vehicle during my meanderings on the keyboard, to figure out how to move, and I inexplicably spawned a truck. Well, more like twenty trucks, actually, since I hit that button twenty times. My point is : where are the controls to spawn vehicles indicated ? I pressed 2, I think.
3) This one is more bothersome. How do you go from UFO/flight mode to first-person view, as in, walking instead of flying ?

I appreciate any and all help you can give me.

HiFlyer

Re: UFO mode controls ?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 07:52:25 pm »

Hello ! I'm completely new, but also infinitely interested in what promises to be a fun experience !
So I have three questions (forgive me if these have already been asked, I just don't have the courage to look through 29 pages of threads) :
1) I can't move right ! I'm using an AZERTY keyboard (again, forgive me), and I don't know how to change the UFO mode controls. I've checked in the player controls, the flight controls... nothing ! Only things under UFO in controls are "roll" and "change speed".
2) I somehow managed to spawn a vehicle during my meanderings on the keyboard, to figure out how to move, and I inexplicably spawned a truck. Well, more like twenty trucks, actually, since I hit that button twenty times. My point is : where are the controls to spawn vehicles indicated ? I pressed 2, I think.
3) This one is more bothersome. How do you go from UFO/flight mode to first-person view, as in, walking instead of flying ?

I appreciate any and all help you can give me.

I think you can only move right and left in UFO mode after turning off auto roll, which you can do by pressing the "home" key. After that you can move around using the aswd keys. Spawning vehicles is done using the number keys. You can walk around on the ground using the soldier (key 8)

You might want to try AndFlys birds for swooping around the landscape. They are pretty fun!
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

Dissentrix

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 01:18:33 am »

I think you can only move right and left in UFO mode after turning off auto roll, which you can do by pressing the "home" key.

Yeah but I meant, how do you actually change the UFO mode controls ?

Spawning vehicles is done using the number keys.

Thanks, I didn't know that.

You can walk around on the ground using the soldier (key 8)

Okay, I'll try that.

Thank you for your help ! Now, though, I have another problem : Whenever I try and start the game, I get to the initializing world part and then it just... stops. Like, the system specs on the bottom left flash but the updates just completely stop. It's weird. Check out the attached file to see what I mean. Any ideas ?

HiFlyer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 03:39:46 am »

The devs are likely going to ask you to post your eng.log so they can check for specific errors.

As for changing the ufo mode controls, I'm not sure that option is available besides the ones you already know of.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 03:45:47 am by HiFlyer »
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 05:05:03 am »

For some reason move/strafe keybinding in "ot" tab and player section aren't marked as important and they do not show right away, and you have to click "show more".

HiFlyer

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2016, 05:34:35 am »

For some reason move/strafe keybinding in "ot" tab and player section aren't marked as important and they do not show right away, and you have to click "Show advanced".

Bleah. I should have known that.  =|

Dissentrix

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2016, 09:59:11 am »

Thanks for replying, everyone !

The devs are likely going to ask you to post your eng.log so they can check for specific errors.
Okay. Where is the eng.log ? Did a quick search in the Anteworld folder and it isn't there. Or is it part of the computer ? Sorry for my ignorance.

For some reason move/strafe keybinding in "ot" tab and player section aren't marked as important and they do not show right away, and you have to click "show more".
I can't seem to locate the UFO controls, though. The "player" controls are, I'm guessing, for when you walk ? There's nothing under UFO in ot other than what I posted.

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 12:13:41 pm »

Thanks for replying, everyone !
Okay. Where is the [url=http://goo.gl/DaK1M8]eng.log[/url] ? Did a quick search in the Anteworld folder and it isn't there. Or is it part of the computer ? Sorry for my ignorance.

eng.log (for engine.log) can be located in your Outerra user directory (C/Yourname/eng.log. It contains a log of a lot of things done by the engine during during your last session, including some hardware and drivers info :)

I can't seem to locate the UFO controls, though. The "player" controls are, I'm guessing, for when you walk ? There's nothing under UFO in ot other than what I posted.

In the OT menu (Esc, menu), select "controls", then the button "Configure" under "Inputs bindings". You'll see a new window with a "ot" tab. click on it, then tick "Show advanced" at the bottom. All the controls should be listed here.

Learning all OT controls and tools require some learning, but it's not really complicated and you should figure out quickly how things work :)

Dissentrix

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 04:02:57 pm »

Alrighty, here's my eng.log.

bongodriver

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2016, 12:50:02 pm »

I don't seem to be able to re map any of the UFO mode move controls at all, I want to change it from WASD to the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT keys but nothing is working.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 05:37:07 am »

They are under ot/player/move_xxx

bongodriver

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 05:57:08 am »

Yes, that's what I'm saying, They are not re mapping to my choice, nothing I map it to seems to change it from WASD, the keys I map all show up in the config and are persistent but in game it remains WASD

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2016, 06:01:16 am »

Hmm, might be that this is still tied to the old system. There's legacy base.cfg that's not in the UI, and it still has movement actions in it.

bongodriver

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2016, 06:04:45 am »

Yes, I found that file and removed it but the game engine keeps putting one back in.

bongodriver

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 07:53:07 am »

sort of solved the problem for now, I have manually edited the base.cfg with the keys of my choice, had to get rid of entries that related to "device_name" to make it work.

EDIT:

Cant get the LEFT/RIGHT/DOWN keys mapped the same way, I have mapped moved forward to the Right mouse button and that is working through the base.cfg edit.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:28:12 am by bongodriver »