Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Everything is blurry.  (Read 13749 times)

cjstepney

Re: Everything is blurry.
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2016, 11:41:24 am »

Correct. I even put everything into an OTX file, fully uninstalled Outerra, deleted all related files (other than the OTX file), then started from scratch. Same look. I'm wondering if this might be an NVidia driver issue.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 03:02:47 am »

Can you post eng.log from a bit longer session? Also, the screenshots you posted have non-default resolution, can you also send the cfg files? You can email them to support at outerra.com

cjstepney

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 03:08:46 pm »

Will do. Also encountered a terrain issue near Banff, Alberta, which allows vehicles to fall through the very peak of a mountain and craters behave oddly. I'm sending along the eng.log and eng.cfg and world.cfg.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2016, 02:06:01 am »

Hm, there's nothing special in the log except that certain generator tasks start taking up half a second each, when they should usually be 40-60ms.
Can you try to reset Nvidia graphics settings in their control panel?

cjstepney

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »

I'll give that a shot.

cjstepney

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2016, 12:45:33 pm »

Solved. Reset all settings to default. My onscreen fonts no longer look too good but I'll play around and figure out what I had screwed up. Thanks for the suggestions, glad to have a usable game again :) Cheers.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 12:50:36 pm »

Hmm, interesting.
Do you have a high DPI display and a different value of display scaling than 100%?

Jagerbomber

« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2016, 11:36:32 pm »

I haven't been messing with this, but I use 125%. (currently)
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

cjstepney

Still broken.
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2016, 02:42:11 pm »

I was wrong. It solved the whole blurry textures problem but the issue with roads not fully rendering even right under the vehicle is still providing a HUGE problem. I had basically disabled trees. You will see the jagged edges of the terrain in this picture.

cjstepney

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2016, 02:44:05 pm »

I am also having an issue where the top two hundred feet of a mountain are never solid, vehicles pass straight through them. As before, the only way to get terrain to render in full resolution is to look straight down for a split second and look back up, and everything is all rounded and detailed.

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2016, 07:10:20 am »

This can happen in mountainous regions, especially if you boost terrain quality setting too much.

cjstepney

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2016, 10:16:17 am »

This continues to happen when I reduce all the settings to "Nintendo 64 Mode." I have a fairly good video card that should at least be able to handle minimum settings. NVidia GTX780. I'll also add that this even happens in the Hawaiian Islands where there is mostly non-detailed ocean floor and small areas of land, lots of which is flat. It is still solved by looking straight down for a split second. Again, is this normal in any way or is this something that only I have experienced? I'm talking about the looking straight down to force terrain to render. When I look straight down, all the terrain for miles around gets beautifully rendered and stays as such until I reach the edge of it. When I reach the edge of it, I have to once again look straight down for a tenth of a second or so and hey presto, quality terrain. To me the logic doesn't work out. Thanks for all your help :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 10:20:57 am by cjstepney »

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2016, 11:37:00 am »

No, it's not normal. Something like this sometimes happens in mountains when there are lots of requests on terrain tile generator, and internal limits for terrain tile cache are reached. Looking down can help in that case, as remote terrain goes out of view and can be reused for nearby tiles. But this doesn't happen on most of the land, and it self cures when you move to a less demanding location.

Please go edit eng.cfg and set debug_keys = true there, and then when you experience this issue, press alt+5 to show tile stat window. Might be that with debug_keys it will pop up by itself too. Just make a screenshot.

I didn't see any injected modules in the log, but there still may be some hidden - are you using any kind of graphics utility, for things like capturing video, screenshots, displaying fps overlays or any similar thing?

HiFlyer

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2016, 09:28:03 pm »

This continues to happen when I reduce all the settings to "Nintendo 64 Mode." I have a fairly good video card that should at least be able to handle minimum settings. NVidia GTX780. I'll also add that this even happens in the Hawaiian Islands where there is mostly non-detailed ocean floor and small areas of land, lots of which is flat. It is still solved by looking straight down for a split second. Again, is this normal in any way or is this something that only I have experienced? I'm talking about the looking straight down to force terrain to render. When I look straight down, all the terrain for miles around gets beautifully rendered and stays as such until I reach the edge of it. When I reach the edge of it, I have to once again look straight down for a tenth of a second or so and hey presto, quality terrain. To me the logic doesn't work out. Thanks for all your help :)

I suspect its something on your end. We just have to find out whut.

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

cjstepney

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »

I think I have figured it out - it's texture resolution. The terrain quality can be maxed out. Everything can be maxed out. Everything. Except texture resolution. It has to be set at the default or the world won't generate properly. My graphics card is bordering on slightly old right now, and within two years I'll be replacing it. For now, I'll survive with this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3