Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Everything is blurry.  (Read 13747 times)

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Everything is blurry.
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2016, 04:43:52 am »

I think I have figured it out - it's texture resolution. The terrain quality can be maxed out. Everything can be maxed out. Everything. Except texture resolution. It has to be set at the default or the world won't generate properly. My graphics card is bordering on slightly old right now, and within two years I'll be replacing it. For now, I'll survive with this.

Your GTX780 is largely powerfull enough for OT, not everything maxed, but with normal/high settings you should be ok :)
Your texture problem is really strange, I have a real perf impact if I push textures to ultra, but no bug like that...

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2016, 09:24:43 am »

I think Acetone is right. I have a 780 too, and I had no problems pushing the texture settings to ultra... But I don't see the point on doing it... I would highly recommend you leave the terrain settings alone (included terrain quality metric and max texture resolution). Outerra looks amazing with default settings.

For example "shadows low dither" looks really nice and, IMHO, some times even better (small objects shadows, like the buttons in the cockpit, are more defined) than "high dither" or "very high".

The only settings that I use to touch are:

Resolution.
Full screen (Most of the games works better for me in full screen).
V-sync (full refresh).
Anti-aliasing.... sometimes (FXAA is good enough at 1920x1080).
AO to high.... (mater of tastes).
And in world settings, if I'm going to roam at ground level, I push the grass distance to something like 90.
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

cjstepney

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2016, 11:34:42 am »

I'm having better luck now using those settings. Thanks for the input, I'm glad there is a good community around this.
Pages: 1 2 [3]