Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Been away for a couple of years, came back today.  (Read 3982 times)

mustang60348

Been away for a couple of years, came back today.
« on: April 09, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »

Wow, it has been over 4 years since I bought the pre-alpha Outerra game and here we are today.

Is there still NO GAME avail. I would have thought that they would have been at least in Alpha by now with the game.

Is there an ETA on the game itself or are they still building the engine 4 years later.

DenisJ

• Кусь
    • VK Community
Re: Been away for a couple of years, came back today.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »

It's been 4 years for me too, but I stopped questioning anything a long time ago... I just accept it the way it goes. I think that creating an engine for several years may seem worrying, but creating a planetary engine requires a lot more resourses and research.

To put this in perspective, BeamNG has been around for roughly the same time, and it's still in alpha, even though it's just a driving simulator.

By the way, we actually have TitanIM which, according to various articles and videos, will become a finished product relatively soon. Check it out if you didn't yet: http://titanim.net/www/
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:10:37 pm by DenisJ »

mustang60348

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 04:14:57 am »

I am not sure I understand the Titan comment. Do we get Titan.

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 08:38:31 am »

I am not sure I understand the Titan comment. Do we get Titan.

TitanIM is a for-military training sim project (they do it on OT Engine whyte the developers help) ... some aspects from its developement make it back to OT (the mig-29 is i think from them too), others are purely theyr personal thing.

... not sure how they can be "finished sooner" ... can be they dont need all the stuff OT aims to develop for theyr needs, but special weather options (dynamic winds etc.) i thing they will like to include as some aviation-aims are there too. One must understand, some simulation simply need just rendering the OT world, some need some more stuff to be implemented ... a good idea is a training simulation for MANPADs where you just need some simple tracking, rocket and few flying targets, white math behind it working even trough separate means, but im not sure what specific projects they want it for ... i wouldnt await it be "public" anyway. 

We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

zombie00

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 10:56:46 pm »

Wow, it has been over 4 years since I bought the pre-alpha Outerra game and here we are today.

Is there still NO GAME avail. I would have thought that they would have been at least in Alpha by now with the game.

Is there an ETA on the game itself or are they still building the engine 4 years later.

Maybe you're used to the kind of wait you get from your typical indie "early access" games. Big engines like RAGE (Rockstar's engine since GTAIV) took like 5 years to get completely developed and they had a pretty sizable team and a all the resources needed at their disposal. There is a very good reason as of why the devs behind Outerra never give dates, it would be irresponsible to promise something considering the scope of the project.