Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Inside the Nvidia Failure Lab  (Read 4046 times)

HiFlyer

Inside the Nvidia Failure Lab
« on: April 24, 2016, 12:56:31 pm »

Seems like a good job for perfectionists, anal retentive's and etc.....  =D

Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Re: Inside the Nvidia Failure Lab
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »

I worked at IBM as maintenance engineer, working close to quality engineers to verify the quality of hard drive suspensions. That was critical and hard, because a microscopic failure could lead to some final consumer to loose all its information...

But the responsability of this guys is not just hard... It is SCARY!!! I can't imagine the pressure they have in their shoulders...
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

HiFlyer

Re: Inside the Nvidia Failure Lab
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »

I worked at IBM as maintenance engineer, working close to quality engineers to verify the quality of hard drive suspensions. That was critical and hard, because a microscopic failure could lead to some final consumer to loose all its information...

But the responsability of this guys is not just hard... It is SCARY!!! I can't imagine the pressure they have in their shoulders...

Nvidia probably holds his family captive with the threat to feed them to live dragons if he messes up..........  =D
Spex: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz / 32.0GB G.SKILL TridentZ Series Dual-Channel Ram / ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 / Sound Blaster Z / Oculus Rift VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 2x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / Windows 10 Pro