Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra Logo from a graphic designer / fan  (Read 6076 times)

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
Outerra Logo from a graphic designer / fan
« on: June 06, 2016, 11:12:46 am »

Hi,

I am a big fan of Outerra / Anteworld engine and I am a professional graphic designer as well.

The past weekend I thought enjoying a design of an Outerra logo that I share with you here.

If by any chance the Outerra dev team likes it and thinks it is a good logo for the engine, let me know and I can send you the logo in any format you like :)

The best thing after flying is landing

Jagerbomber

Re: Outerra Logo from a graphic designer / fan
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 03:11:48 pm »

Earth doesn't have rings.
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

ZeosPantera

• ||>>-Z-<<||
  • Global Moderator
  • #1 Outerra Fan Boy
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 04:10:42 pm »

I like it. Not sure if it works entirely with the Outerra brand but I must admit the current logo looks dated already. Too busy for modern OS's with flat design.
"Fear accompanies the possibility of death, Calm shepherds its certainty" - General Ka Dargo

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 04:15:57 pm »

Earth doesn't have rings.

It is not supposed to be a ring but rather a combination of an Eye with a globe shape and a reference to some movement. But you saw a ring and that is fine too :)

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 04:17:08 pm »

I like it. Not sure if it works entirely with the Outerra brand but I must admit the current logo looks dated already. Too busy for modern OS's with flat design.

I did not spend a huge time on the concept but it crossed my mind and the combination of an Eye, a globe in motion and a reference to a compass / geo stuff made me want to trace it to see

Jagerbomber

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 05:10:06 pm »

I like the (I guess old-school, yet) chilled tone of the current logo (particularly the white version in-game).  Still not really a fan of the big flat stuff that everyone is doing now...
"Perhaps this speaks to some larger trend within society today...  A prevailing desire on the part of indie developers to recreate the entire world into one where you can charge more than $15 for your game design degree coursework." - Yahtzee ;) :P

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »

I like the (I guess old-school, yet) chilled tone of the current logo (particularly the white version in-game).  Still not really a fan of the big flat stuff that everyone is doing now...

Interesting because me too I am not into the flat thingies. Yet this one is indeed...

Acetone

• Youtube channel
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2016, 07:42:35 am »

The concept looks a bit cryengine-ish (see below), but I like the idea :) Probably missing a clear planet element.

Karamich

• Outerra Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2016, 09:47:33 am »

The concept looks a bit cryengine-ish (see below), but I like the idea :) Probably missing a clear planet element.

oops, indeed it does look similar. In this case I consider my logo a fail :)