Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Outerra Graphics Driver Crash - OS X Bootcamp / Windows 10  (Read 2816 times)

jon002

Outerra Graphics Driver Crash - OS X Bootcamp / Windows 10
« on: July 22, 2016, 12:29:26 am »

So recently I've been trying to get the Outerra engine to run on my MacBook Pro (13-Inch Retina). I own a copy of Windows 10, and so I used Apple's Bootcamp to install Windows 10 onto a separate partition with the hopes of running the engine there.

I've downloaded and installed the latest version (16.6601), however, whenever I run "outerra.exe", I get the following message:

Code: [Select]
Graphics card drivers crashed during the initialization of OpenGL.

Please see http://help.outerra.com for a list of possible causes and solutions.

Of course, upon checking the link, I got "Nothing ever crashes." :P I have been trying to check and update my graphics driver, but that does not seem to work at all, neither does rolling back to an earlier driver version.

I have attached my eng.cfg as well as dxdiag.txt for reference. I currently have Intel Iris Graphics 6100 that has driver version 20.19.15.4463 installed and ~4175MB of VRAM. I also have an Intel Core i5-5287U CPU @ 2.90GHz, Broadwell. I believe the problem lies with both the driver and the program itself, because I am able to run another program - Space Engine - just fine (which also requires OpenGL 3.3), although I cannot seem to pinpoint the exact problem. Lastly, I do have OpenGL 4.4 supported by my MacBook's hardware.

I have been searching the forum for any help I can find, but to no avail. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance!

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Outerra Graphics Driver Crash - OS X Bootcamp / Windows 10
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:14:52 am »

I think somebody reported before that this newer line of Intel GPUs crash in OpenGL initialization. I thought we already forwarded it to Intel OpenGL team, but checking the emails I can't find it. Will do now.

jon002

Re: Outerra Graphics Driver Crash - OS X Bootcamp / Windows 10
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 12:00:18 pm »

Ah. Ok, thanks!

I guess I'll wait until Intel looks into the problem. In the meantime, I may look into other computer options for better hardware...