Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Outerra Seasons.  (Read 15893 times)

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
Outerra Seasons.
« on: September 25, 2016, 02:31:21 pm »

Read carefully, please:

1.- I made this set of billboards (autumn & winter) as a special task for Uriah, so all the credits are for him.- Download files here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yew7hjvurbzs4e3/bb_seasons.zip?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fbhzsqzqd8ryzz7/earth2-winter.zip?dl=0

2.- Delete  your bb folder   ( program files\outerra\anteworld\textures\trees\bb )

3.- Unzip "bb_seasons.zip" in    program files\outerra\anteworld\textures\trees

4.- You have now 3 versions: bb_summer (regular one), bb_winter & bb_autumn.

5.- Rename the folder you want to use to just "bb" (you can have only one season working).

6.- Unzip "earth2_winter.zip" in your user/YOUR_USER/Outerra/data    directory.  You'll have the option to acces to earth2_winter in the login screen, when you use the bb_winter billboards.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

- This is not the official way OT will handle seasons; consider it a MOD.

- Because of this, you'll find many snowed places with some trees without snow, and vice versa. If you want to have both with snow, travel to really cold locations.

- The track in Siberia, made by Acetone, is a really good option to drive among the snow.

http://forum.outerra.com/index.php?topic=3630.msg41654#msg41654

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:44:32 pm by KW71 »
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Outerra Seasons.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 06:26:11 am »

Awesome work :)

Autumn is really nice, especially in some locations, especially Canada. With some tree parameters tweaks, you can end up with really nice results!

aWac9

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 08:46:19 am »

great,
how to get the runway is no snow?
I believe that I can not have a machine removes snow .. if so I love her.  :)

andfly

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 01:43:58 pm »

Really good job !!!
I also prefer the autumn and its colors.

Thank you !
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

aWac9

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 06:18:11 pm »

It has been a great contribution
Thanks for your time !

« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 06:23:12 pm by aWac9 »

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 10:05:11 pm »

Thanks, guys! Glad you enjoy it!
"A man who is contented with what he has done, will never become famous for what he will do".

andfly

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »

I had a thought ...
You can enrich the set of trees with bushes and colorful flowers?
It would be very nice to have the flowers scattered on the hills and in the plains!
Using the same method the trees also the shrubs and flowers swaying in the wind would move!
And the mushrooms?
Look for mushrooms in the woods is already exciting in the real world ... I'd like to play it in Anteworld!

It might be an idea?
I do not know the English language. I use Google Translate. I hope it's all understandable.

2eyed

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 12:18:06 pm »

I had a thought ...
It would be very nice to have the flowers scattered on the hills and in the plains!
Using the same method the trees also the shrubs and flowers swaying in the wind would move!
And the mushrooms?
Look for mushrooms in the woods is already exciting in the real world ... I'd like to play it in Anteworld!

It might be an idea?
I don't know whether the engine is already powerful enough for rendering additional shrubs, flowers, grasses etc (even if  they are only billboards). Tree density alone should be 4 times higher to be realistic in some cases.

KW71

• Outerra Developer
  • Love OT!
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 02:35:48 pm »

I had a thought ...
And the mushrooms?

It might be an idea?
I don't know whether the engine is already powerful enough for rendering additional shrubs, flowers, grasses etc (even if  they are only billboards). Tree density alone should be 4 times higher to be realistic in some cases.

The current one is intended only for big species. Shrubs and flores, etc., will be handled in a different pipeline. I'm sure our patience will pay  :)

andfly

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 06:40:16 pm »

The current one is intended only for big species. Shrubs and flores, etc., will be handled in a different pipeline. I'm sure our patience will pay  :)

Thank you !
Good news.

Freddie

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2022, 03:36:13 pm »

Bringing this thread back to life. The seasons file link is broken.. :/ Any way to fix it?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2022, 02:31:29 am »

Bringing this thread back to life. The seasons file link is broken.. :/ Any way to fix it?

I have the files and can share them, but they won't work with the latest outerra version as they were designed for billboard trees of the older version, not for present 3D trees. So I don't think its of much use anymore

Freddie

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2022, 03:37:14 pm »

Hi fly, very late reply haha. I think by disabling 3D trees in the menu it could work.. Can you share them please?

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2022, 02:26:11 am »

Hi fly, very late reply haha. I think by disabling 3D trees in the menu it could work.. Can you share them please?

yes that should work: Download the bb_seasons folder from here and follow the installation instructions at the beginning of the post given by KW71

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Tcg8UKtGwpZtwxApbxN1DEwtr9Bxcqru?usp=sharing

fly77

• Outerra Master Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2022, 02:51:01 am »

hmm I get an error and it does not work  :'(

ERROR: texture_loader_job: cannot open file  (file: "@Tex2DArray-151:", last err: 3)

seems that those old textures were much lower resolution and also the names of the trees have changed

So I delete the above download link...will have to wait for 3D seasons !   

(or you repaint all the tree textures by yourself  :))

« Last Edit: July 18, 2022, 03:03:19 am by fly77 »
Pages: [1] 2