Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Frames per Second  (Read 2770 times)

bomber

Frames per Second
« on: February 05, 2017, 12:37:38 pm »

I've been busy over the last year and a half trying to develop spin and I do most of my development in Flightgear as there I can see the properties table and debug where I'm going wrong.... which is quite often.

Anyway I digress.... having been really focused on this I've not used Outerra in a while, but I am now as I've solved spin and I wanted to bring my results to the Outerra community with an update to the Ask-13, the Cesna172 and a few other things...

However the frame rates are appalling... Now I originally thought it was windows 10 but I'm not sure it is.

Can someone tell me how to lower the setting so as I get more than a stutter ?
Or has something been done whilst I was away to cause this issue.

Regards

Simon
"If anyone ever tells you anything about an aeroplane which is so bloody complicated you can't understand it, take it from me - it's all balls" - R J Mitchell

Acetone

• Youtube channel
Re: Frames per Second
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »

There is a nasty bug in the current build related to terrain tiles loading. Some cards are more affected than others (I've got some serious stutters for example). If the framerate (ctrl+F12) is stable while you are not moving but drops as soon as you move the camera, it's that thing.
Reducing the terrain resolution helps a bit, but you'll still have serious drops (and tiles not visible around some mountains).

Apparently, the problem was identified so expect a fix in the next build (hopefully).

josem75

Re: Frames per Second
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 03:32:02 pm »

There is a nasty bug in the current build related to terrain tiles loading. Some cards are more affected than others (I've got some serious stutters for example). If the framerate (ctrl+F12) is stable while you are not moving but drops as soon as you move the camera, it's that thing.
Reducing the terrain resolution helps a bit, but you'll still have serious drops (and tiles not visible around some mountains).

Apparently, the problem was identified so expect a fix in the next build (hopefully).

Ahh. Then this is.. My computer was not wrong. I am having that behaivor exactly. Not big fps drops coz i am using a 1060 6 gb card, but lazy terrain resolution fill (i must put below 720 or less, coveral in extense mountains), tiles disappearing, etc.
Glad my computer is ok and hope can enjoy the engine wih the next fixes.

PD: nice work Bomber. Cant wait for see in Outerra.