Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Outerra problems on my PC.

<< < (2/4) > >>

BenDragon:
Here you go.

I hope this is right because I have played it since the errors came up... Yes they did appear at different times throughout the day.

Edit: unfortunately, I couldn't attach the time.log since it's 2.44MBs in size, so here's a link as a substitute.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/time.log

cameni:

--- Quote from: C. Shawn Smith on February 25, 2012, 07:12:08 pm ---
--- Quote ---The GeForce GTS 450 has a GPU core speed of 783 MHz, and the 512 MB of GDDR5    memory is set to run at 902 MHz through a 128-bit bus. It also is made up of 192 SPUs, 32 TAUs, and 16 ROPs.
Compare all that to the GeForce GTX 260, which features a clock speed of 576 MHz and a GDDR3 memory speed of 999 MHz. It also features a 448-bit memory bus, and makes use of a 65 nm design. It is comprised of 192 SPUs, 64 Texture Address Units, and 28 ROPs.
--- End quote ---

Compared to my card, Cameni, and I don't get these kinds of issues very often, if it all.

--- End quote ---
I know, people with 250GT or 8800GT are running it fine .. this must be something else.

cameni:
Nothing unusual there :(
Do you have possibility to test it with another video card, so we could determine if it's related to the graphics card or not?

C. Shawn Smith:

--- Quote from: cameni on February 25, 2012, 07:27:52 pm ---
--- Quote ---The GeForce GTS 450 has a GPU core speed of 783 MHz, and the 512 MB of GDDR5    memory is set to run at 902 MHz through a 128-bit bus. It also is made up of 192 SPUs, 32 TAUs, and 16 ROPs.
Compare all that to the GeForce GTX 260, which features a clock speed of 576 MHz and a GDDR3 memory speed of 999 MHz. It also features a 448-bit memory bus, and makes use of a 65 nm design. It is comprised of 192 SPUs, 64 Texture Address Units, and 28 ROPs.
--- End quote ---

Compared to my card, Cameni, and I don't get these kinds of issues very often, if it all.

--- End quote ---
I know, people with 250GT or 8800GT are running it fine .. this must be something else.

--- End quote ---

I'd be interested in seeing what is running in the background for something like this.  In one of my previous jobs as a printer technician, my customer was running a vector graphics app that had an OpenGL render window that showed some similar graphics glitches.  I forget what program it was that was running in the background that was causing it, but it was sapping the OpenGL to such a degree that it would cause the card to either run out of memory or bog the through-put down.

I'm wondering if he could use Process Explorer to independently shut down background apps (other than windows explorer and whatever else is necessary) one at a time to see if it changes things.  If it doesn't, then that will point back to a driver or hardware issue, I would suspect.

Oh, and I just remembered that at one point, a Teamspeak plugin would cause a similar artifact and/or crash in one of my 3d apps that uses OpenGL as a 3d viewer.  Once I shut it down, the problem went away.

BenDragon:

--- Quote from: cameni on February 25, 2012, 07:35:09 pm ---Nothing unusual there :(
Do you have possibility to test it with another video card, so we could determine if it's related to the graphics card or not?

--- End quote ---
I'm sorry. But I do not have the knowledge how to place computer parts. Besides I do not own any spare parts at this moment in time, but I will try to get something sorted.
--- Quote from: C. Shawn Smith on February 25, 2012, 07:51:28 pm ---
--- Quote from: cameni on February 25, 2012, 07:27:52 pm ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I'd be interested in seeing what is running in the background for something like this.  In one of my previous jobs as a printer technician, my customer was running a vector graphics app that had an OpenGL render window that showed some similar graphics glitches.  I forget what program it was that was running in the background that was causing it, but it was sapping the OpenGL to such a degree that it would cause the card to either run out of memory or bog the through-put down.

I'm wondering if he could use Process Explorer to independently shut down background apps (other than windows explorer and whatever else is necessary) one at a time to see if it changes things.  If it doesn't, then that will point back to a driver or hardware issue, I would suspect.

Oh, and I just remembered that at one point, a Teamspeak plugin would cause a similar artifact and/or crash in one of my 3d apps that uses OpenGL as a 3d viewer.  Once I shut it down, the problem went away.

--- End quote ---
Would you like to take the standard processes I have running upon startup?

By the way, the timeout error 7 code reappeared and here it is http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/3817/error7.png.

Added: The error message took me to http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version