Anteworld - Outerra Game > Modding: Importer, Tools & Utilities

Character Animation

<< < (10/11) > >>

fly77:
Finally I got my first animated character finished. He likes trekking around the outerra world and to have fun ! Here is a video showing some of the capabilities of my "wanderer".

Download the self installing .otx file of the animated character from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/39xj6m2lrorekst/wanderer.otx?dl=0

Commands of the model:

The model will appear in the "vehicles" menu as it is based on a vehicle script.
key “W”    accelerate
Key “S”    break
Key “A”    turn left
Key “D”    turn right
Key "F"         jump
key “R”    toggle between forward/backward motion

key "L"         toggle between sit-down /get-up

Key “C”    change the "external camera" view mode
Key “V”    change the first person view camer amode
Keys "numpad +/-"    zoom in first person camera view modes

key“H”          toggle different colors of the head up display in one of the first person camera view modes

NOTES:

The physiology of the character is programmed in such a way as to require a short rest after having walked a certain distance or climbed uphill for an imposed altitude difference. The parameters are set at a distance of 1000 m and an altitude difference of 30 m after which the vigor of the character diminishes, requiring a period of rest of 20 seconds to resume the walk.
It is possible to change these characteristics of the character, as well as others - among which also the strength and the maximum speed attainable in sprinting - by opening the text file "wanderer.js" in the C: \ Users \ username \ Outerra \ packages \ fly77 \ wanderer folder
modifying the parameters indicated in the header section of this file.

HAVE FUN !

andfly:
Acc ....   :o

Very beautifull !!!    :D :D   8) 8)

fly77:
Thanks ! In making it I learned quite a lot. Certainly it is not perfect in several ways, but I'll keep that for the next character.

patmarrnc:
very cool! Can't wait to DL it and study your script to see how you change ANIM files!

patmarrnc:
I appreciate the way the people on this forum freely share their knowledge. I have a problem with stalling when I can't solve a key problem. Unless others who see the problem with new eyes get involved and solve the problem I can't understand, I am inclined to move on to a different hobby and never look back.

Thanks to Andfly for all the encouragement, advice and working scripts!

Thanks to Fly77 for figuring out how to use multiple ANIM files in the same script.

Thanks to the many people (too many to name) who shared their knowledge about how to create textures correctly and upload models and create vehicles and watercraft and flying machines.

And of course, thanks to Cameni et al whose vision and programming skill have created this amazing anteworld we know as Outerra.

What a great global community of clever people!

Summer has redirected my attention to home maintenance... but as winter approaches I hope to start contributing models.  In the works already is a modular castle building set. Here are some pictures of somebody else's castle so you can see how cool a castle looks on a hill overlooking a lake:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version