Outerra Engine > News

Tech demo - getting closer

<< < (4/13) > >>

yhwhluver:
For notebooks, is a GTX 560M good enough?  I'm looking at getting a notebook with that, but I don't know how it compares to the desktop video cards.

cameni:
Here's a nice comparison site where you can check the expected performance: www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-560M.48313.0.html.

Hmm, hard to say which benchmark to use that would be comparable to Outerra. In Crysis 2, high setting, a desktop GTX 460 is 47% faster than a 560M.

Tottel:
The best benchmark? Outerra itself. ;)

Serious now, we'll see how good performance (on ATI's) is when it's released. It seems like you can get an idea with the minimum requirements for NVidia. ATI users will probably have to wait.

yhwhluver:
Thanks, cameni.  I was looking for something like that.  I've got some thinking to do.

ZeosPantera:
Actually Cameni some sort of pre-scripted fly-through on a predetermined path with a log file of frame-rates and texture load times as an official benchmark would help out a great deal in determining OpenGL and system performance. Perhaps even downloading all the information before the start to not have internet speed affect the test.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version