Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Graphics driver issues, startup problems (32 bit)

<< < (3/153) > >>

cameni:
In Nvidia control panel, there's system info in the about menu or somewhere there (can't check right now, I'm on ATI).
But yes, we are hunting for a 285 or a 260 card among our friends, because there's definitely some issue specific to that. Not sure if the firsthand experience is going to help, it seems to be a random driver issue and finding what causes it is going to be tiresome :(

Mikel_S:
Is there any sort of log that would be generated by a Kernel failure that I could provide?  I dunno, but Kernel failures seem kind of...  Hardcore?

Just a note:  As of yet, the crash I've gotten has ONLY EVER happened while driving, and almost always seems to correlate with the engine sound loops, in one way or another.  Be it when I'm revving up the first time, or at a very small, nearly imperceptible catch as a constant sound loops or changes to the next frequency.  It is capable of happening while paused (ie: hit escape), but again, has only ever happened while in driving mode.

cameni:
They should be in system log somewhere, and you'll probably have a minidump file generated that can be debugged. From the log or the dump one could find out what module causes the crash, what driver it is.

cameni:
AMD 12.2 drivers are out, people with AMD graphics please test these and report. Mainly interested to know if the random driver crashes when flying towards or above the water were fixed or not.

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

ZeosPantera:
going

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version