Outerra Engine > News

Titan I/ITSEC 2015

<< < (2/5) > >>

PytonPago:
Hitboxes and ambient life ! :D

zombie00:

--- Quote from: cameni on December 02, 2015, 12:40:13 pm ---New video made for I/ITSEC posted by Titan CEO David Lagettie

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure my body can take all this hype!
Bloody fantastic. Still a way to go for something "playable" and yes, I know that's not necessarily the scope of Titan, but still, very impressive. Just to be sure, this guys will be working on a game ala ARMA too, right? Because if they have the exclusive use of Outerra as a military simulator and they don't make a game out of this a potential joint-operation game on Outerra could see a complicated start-off doesn't it? Not to mention they would be missing on some money, if ARMA has thought us anything is: Throw some zombies on it and people will buy it like hot bread There is market for complex military simulators on the PC gaming community.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and for all the work, things were indeed rather quiet as of late.

Occams Razer:
Well, there's certainly a lot of cool stuff in this video. If even 10% of it makes it into Outerra by June, I'll be satisfied.

Now, quick question: Near the start of the video, one of the soldiers enters a building. Is that purely demonstrative, or is there a more complex (non-convex) collision system in play here?

konaone:
Sorry, maybe I already widely talked and I gave it a miss.
Outerra use? and you will be sold or not?

zombie00:

--- Quote from: konaone on December 03, 2015, 06:35:12 am ---Sorry, maybe I already widely talked and I gave it a miss.
Outerra use? and you will be sold or not?

--- End quote ---

Yes, Titan runs on Outerra engine and for what I understand part of the development is being done along with the Outerra team.
I'm not sure if they are going to sell it to civilians, the main goal of Titan is military use (like VBS simulator). I hope they will go the same route as they did with VBS and end up developing/co-developing a sim-like game for general consumers (like the ARMA series).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version