User mods, screenshots & videos > Scenery

Chaos City

(1/6) > >>

Acetone:
Hmm... How can I introduce that?

With the release of the new editor, I had something we can call a "binge building session". You need to realize that we can now not only copy and paste buildings, but also clone a selection of buildings and paste it. Most important, the default placement mode in the editor always set buildings to the terrain level, meaning that you can copy and paste a large section of buildings everywhere, and they will always be on the ground.

And of course, I started to test it.
And of course, it went too far...

At some point, my idea was to place buildings in order to see if I can kill my framerate.

Well, I can't.

Depending on your configuration, this scene may be too heavy to keep a smooth framerate, but for those with a decent GPU, you will only experience a lag when the tiles are loaded. I added a few roads and an airport to improve the whole thing, but it's not a real scenery, just a playground.

I thought that some of you may want to have fun with it, and see what Outerra has in the guts:

Download Chaos City  v1 - 87mb - otx installer

I need to repeat, the amount of objects here is insane. And if you want to experience it full size, set

--- Code: ---min_obj_size
--- End code ---
to 1.0 in your eng.cfg.
Campos are included, this is close to one of the default scenery location too, by the way.

HiFlyer:
Very nice! I figured you would do something like this.

As you said, FPS are barely affected, but as you said, there are noticeable hitches as tiles are loaded. (Reminded me of X-Plane)

I had no problem with maintaining 80FPS with this, and I think that bodes well for the program.

ZeosPantera:
Infrastructure seems a bit lacking. Would have to travel the last 1/4 mile over dirt to get home.

Jagerbomber:
And you have a problem with that?

Acetone:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on August 30, 2015, 03:48:35 am ---Infrastructure seems a bit lacking. Would have to travel the last 1/4 mile over dirt to get home.

--- End quote ---

It's called Chaos City for a reason  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version