Outerra Engine > Ideas & Suggestions & Questions

Telescope suggestion.

(1/4) > >>

bmende:
Hi, I would like to suggest adding a zoom feature, to simulate using a telescope.

Because Outerra is curved like a ball, objects (ships for example) will dip below the horizon at a certain distance away from the observer, dependent upon on their altitude.

I don't believe that on earth this actually happens, which is one reason that I'm a flat earther. With this zoom function I could be able to do tests to show how curvature works on a sphere with a circumference of 25,000 miles.

DenisJ:
You can already do that by reducing fov in settings.
But let's be honest, we all know that Cameni is being sponsored by the secret global government to make us believe that the Earth is not flat, amirite? :----DDDDDD

cameni:
When I imagine how much time we are spending to implement everything for a spherical world, and how much simpler it would be on a flat one, I sometimes wish I wasn't a part of this conspiracy ...

Acetone:
Hi bmende,

In my opinion, you should do some testing before using Outerra for scientific purposes. It's often pointless to go for a demonstration without first hand data or observations.
It's often recommended for new astronomy and sightseeing enthusiasts to use a pair of binoculars first with a tripod (for perfect image stability). These can be used by day too, and are much easier to setup than any type of telescope. Binoculars like these: http://www.telescope.com/Binoculars/Astronomy-Binoculars/Orion-15x70-Astronomy-Binoculars-with-Tripod-Adapter/c/5/sc/72/p/99637.uts + a decent tripod and you'll be ready to test your theories through simple observation.
With that you can look at some of the most visible objects in the night sky, or do some simple testing, like choosing a location where you can look at the Moon near the horizon, see what type or relief is blocking your view and, using a simple compass and a map, check if there is any mountain range in that general direction. No trick here, after all, it's just glass lenses and common sense.

I'm sure you'll find some interesting observations, or, at least, some nice views of the night sky.

Jagerbomber:
Just lol....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version