Anteworld - Outerra Game > Game & gameplay discussion

Map for testing tile allocation

(1/8) > >>

cameni:
Here's a link to a web page that embeds Google Maps and allows you to click on places to see the size and layout of basic units of allocatable land, that are approximately 2.5km wide. Once it loads, simply click on the map to highlight the tiles.
Note - this is just for comparison, it doesn't actually allocate the land for you :)

If you have a HTML5 capable browser, it will ask you to permit the use of your current geo location, so that it can show the map centered on where you are now. If you don't have a HTML5 supporting browser or deny the request, it will put you somewhere near Miami.

Comments about the size and amount of tiles to give to players?

necro:
What are these tiles for? I didnt got the point. Represent them your ingame patches?

Ahh i thin i got it ;D you are planning to make each patch as dlc for... 10€. So each player can buy the patches he wants. you will be rich ;D not bought patches will be ugly black.. how clever >_>

cameni:
It's about claiming land in Outerra World game, and the granularity that we aim to have assignable to colonizers.

There is 30 million of these tiles on the earth's land surface .. what a pile of money :mad:

yhwhluver:
I think the tiles are a pretty good size.  They're not too big where you may be forced to get a lot of unusable space and not too small where you'd have to place a million of them to allocate a good sized plot.  They're small and easy enough to allocate other shapes besides a giant square.  For example, you can easily follow a river if that's all you wanted, or you can easily allocate some flatter areas that would be easier to build on rather than including a bunch of hills.  I have a picture example of this but I'm not sure how to upload it.

C. Shawn Smith:
Hmm, that's an interesting tool.  There was this browser game I played a few months back which parsed the entire surface of the Earth into chunks like that.  Guess they were using the same tech :).  Always wondered how they did it.

For my portion I'd want to claim, I'd only need about 4 tiles minimum, and about 15 maximum  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version