Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

head (camera) inertial movement simulation and progress update

(1/3) > >>

angrypig:
Hi guys,

I just added new head simulation to cockpit camera (the old one was buggy and not plausible), please forgive me missing self-shadowing (new shadow mapping is the next task) and buggy object normals and propeller. :) Model is imported with new importer and is rendered with new object pipeline which is much faster than the old one (and is using much more complex shaders).

new features:
- physically based lighting model (realistic speculars, simpler material definition - just two parameters which can be provided by textures)
- normal mapping
- sky color reflections (this will be replaced by real-time generated environment map)
- new cessna interior
- fixed camera vs terrain collisions
- improved follow camera (video is coming)
- frustum culling is working for all objects dynamic and static

Chaoss:

--- Quote from: angrypig on June 21, 2012, 01:52:03 pm ---Hi guys,

I just added new head simulation to cockpit camera (the old one was buggy and not plausible), please forgive me missing self-shadowing (new shadow mapping is the next task) and buggy object normals and propeller. :) Model is imported with new importer and is rendered with new object pipeline which is much faster than the old one (and is using much more complex shaders).

new features:
- physically based lighting model (realistic speculars, simpler material definition - just two parameters which can be provided by textures)
- normal mapping
- sky color reflections (this will be replaced by real-time generated environment map)
- new cessna interior
- fixed camera vs terrain collisions
- improved follow camera (video is coming)
- frustum culling is working for all objects dynamic and static

* removed video and images

--- End quote ---

Wow it's looking really good, looks far more realistic although just one thing, the interior could use some ambient occlusion (it's lacking depth/shadow) the cockpit looks nice though :)

Lulloser:
Yea cool.
Will there be support for TrackIR? :D
That would be great.

Bartolomeus:
Yes Track IR support would be great. But the head camera is great and nice looking interior!

Marko

seppen:
Great news, canĀ“t wait to test the importer ;D.

Is it limited to 64000 vertices per mesh like cryengine or is it possible to import complex assets in one go?

Is physicalise automatic, and materials/textures/uv maps?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version