Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Stereoscopic 3D

(1/3) > >>

cameni:
Early test of direct stereoscopic output. At the moment the engine can output anaglyph, interleaved and top-to-bottom formats. Side-by-side will come as well in order to support Oculus Rift.
Note that this is very early test, there are still various artifacts, most visible on the grass tops and window sides.

On Youtube select the 3D mode and a viewing method of your choice. I forgot to set up audio recording properly so now I'm replacing the audio track there ::)

Unexpectedly, 3D projection adds volume to the flat 2D trees.

Here is also a couple of screenshots in anaglyph and interleaved formats: http://outerra.minus.com/mMpDcBLcz/1g

cameni:
Youtube audio swap seems to have broken the recorded stereoscopic layout. Anyone seeing it right?

OK fixed now.

ddenn:
Very nice! Works fine for me in side by side view.

P.s. Do you have any schedule on Outerra? I'm wondering when we possibly could expect new features, and what these features would be? Personally I'm interested in object importer, and variety of the terrain and vegetation

cameni:
Yes but without exact dates :)

There are always two major features developed in parallel, right now it's the importer (will be followed by 3D trees) and the biomes (it's a huge task so it's split into smaller blocks, first the real-world tree coverage ...). Minor features may come at any time in between, just like the stereoscopic rendering.

ddenn:
Very good, that's enough info for me :) Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version