Outerra Apps > Outerra World Simulator

part of OT terrain exportation

<< < (3/4) > >>

foxfiles:
Okay I'd like to look better at OSM : their licensing system, how deep they go in their descriptors, how they update their datas, who is who...

cameni:
Their license allows use of the data, but the files derived from the data must be redistributable under the same license. This usually means it cannot be combined with commercial data, as it would require these data to be redistributable OSM-style. If we store it in a separate layer it would not pose a problem.

foxfiles:
Okay for the license. I'm looking at how they describe and it seems to be very 2D only !
I have to look better but, for example, I do not see anything related to description of sidewalks (presence, dimensions, width), same for lane descriptions? how are the width of the lane(s) managed? I need to read more  :D but it seems they do not transport much 3d or Z datas ?

Post scriptum : I am pretty engaged today in other tasks... I will Pm or email you asap

VereWolf:
I would rather interest about editing earth as change terrain and plant . How do it?

cameni:
You mean a large scale planet editing? For that I would like to create a separate version with specialized tools for creation of continents, mountain ranges, rivers etc. But first things first. At the moment we are only loosely working on these features with ME-DEM guys, but the priority is in creation of Earth environment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version