User mods, screenshots & videos > Vehicles

road traffic for outerra ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

aWac9:

:)
I like it ... good job fly77 ... we will see how far it goes.  C:-)

fly77:
Thanks aWac9  ;) I have one more idea : add some more "virtual (transparent) sensing wheels" in front of the car so that he can guess what kind of intersections or roundabouts are ahead - similiar to line following robots - and take apropriate decisions in time, so to never exit the road. Let's see.

PytonPago:
Seems actually pretty good and the fact it corrects itself like being driven instead of following the roads vector line makes it feel realistic. I guess, you also could give it a road width sensing ability. You have a way of getting the roads sides identified ... maybe getting the roads width from one end to the other 90 degrees off of the vehicle, then, taking some minimal road width ( witch would be representing a single lane road ) and forcing the vehicle to keep itself at just the proper lane by telling him not to get over the minimal road-width from the right side if the road is wider ( two or more lanes ) ... not sure how it would react on intersections and such, but if he switches from one road to another one at the  point, he could handle it to correct himself.

Technically, you cam make left-driving easy by just switching, from witch side it should hold the minimal road width parameter.

fly77:
Yes you're right..I wanted to sense road width...also sense how much straight road is ahead to set speed. Vehicles can detect roads either by its wheels material sesensing or through raycasting when there is snow or mud to the left and right of the road. Unfortunately i don't know other ways to detect roads and I have not access to the osm outerra data..but it will be a good starting point. Thanks for the hint anyway.

allymotors:
@fly77 will you ever release the AI driving script?  =D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version