Anteworld - Outerra Game > Tech demo, support, updates

Assigning Joystick axis to Plane

<< < (2/5) > >>

cameni:
Click with the mouse in the value area (for the function you want to map), it changes color to something reddish, and then you move the axis you want there in the direction you want. No longer needed to put it to extreme values before clicking, now it simply scans joystick axes and when it sees one changing the value by some threshold (1/4 of the axis swing), it returns it as the one you want to be bound.

lonewulf47:
I just found that my controller settings are not store properly anymore. I use a Logitech Stick and a Saitek Throttle Quadrant. While the Logitech axes are properly recalled at startup the Saitek axes "throttle" and "mixture" are recalled without the prefix "1:"and thus are equal to the logitech axes. I have to reassign the throttle and mixture after each restart.

cameni:
Will check it.

Karamich:

--- Quote from: cameni on March 08, 2012, 02:00:46 am ---Click with the mouse in the value area (for the function you want to map), it changes color to something reddish, and then you move the axis you want there in the direction you want. No longer needed to put it to extreme values before clicking, now it simply scans joystick axes and when it sees one changing the value by some threshold (1/4 of the axis swing), it returns it as the one you want to be bound.

--- End quote ---

I tried your tutorial but what I see when I click in the value area, the red flickers/appears fast and disappears and a value othern than default is set (i.e: 2:axis7+) or something like that. So I think there is something not working when I click on the value because the red is not appearing as you said, just a flicker of red and it goes

Thanks again!

MK

cameni:
That would mean that axis7 is sending values as if someone was exercising with it. Now the axes are sometimes oscillating between two values, but for this we've got a threshold, and you have to swing the axis by 1/4 of value range for it to be accepted. So there's a problem or a bug.

What type of joystick it is?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version