Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Adjustable center of mass, collisions between vehicles

<< < (3/3)

ZeosPantera:
Yes. I didn't really have a question. More of a suggestion.

Range of slip being a given surface would have a varying amount of grip. All grass wouldn't be 100% the same traction. So a random amount more or less it is allowed to vary would be more realistic.

Everything else you said sounds exactly like I expected. Good Show.

Oh, any chance to get the JSBsim flight physics working to effect ground vehicles? I don't know what the library uses for giant boxes like the 8x8 but some wind resistance would help with spazzing vehicles hurtling though the air and come sports cars add additional, adjustable downforce to the mix. Drag might also help a problem I have found with cars over 100kph loosing their rear ends. So a drag variable to straiten that out.

Lastly before I forget. Any chance of allowing a dedicated reverse toggle button and leaving the gas and brake alone instead of the current system. With pedals it is a nightmare. I suppose you would need to add a "PARK" key as well OR two keys to slide up and down through Park>Reverse>Neutral>Drive>Low.. All just temporary measures until gears can be bound fully to controllers. That would allow at least a single low gear to be defined in vehicles too.

cameni:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on February 23, 2013, 04:40:44 am ---Oh, any chance to get the JSBsim flight physics working to effect ground vehicles? I don't know what the library uses for giant boxes like the 8x8 but some wind resistance would help with spazzing vehicles hurtling though the air and come sports cars add additional, adjustable downforce to the mix. Drag might also help a problem I have found with cars over 100kph loosing their rear ends. So a drag variable to straiten that out.

--- End quote ---
I will just add a retarding force that depends on vehicle speedĀ² and Cx coefficient. There should be also a similar force acting as the internal friction of transmission, proportional to the speed.

--- Quote ---Lastly before I forget. Any chance of allowing a dedicated reverse toggle button and leaving the gas and brake alone instead of the current system. With pedals it is a nightmare. I suppose you would need to add a "PARK" key as well OR two keys to slide up and down through Park>Reverse>Neutral>Drive>Low.. All just temporary measures until gears can be bound fully to controllers. That would allow at least a single low gear to be defined in vehicles too.

--- End quote ---
Only after the input system is incorporated into the scripting. Then the script can do anything.

ZeosPantera:
Question..

Is it possible with the current scripting and model handling to have a solid axle setup like this with bones and fixed wheels to an axle?

Oh. Just forgot to mention spring strength and suspension dampening should be options for front and rear independently (all corners really but that is super special stuff).

cameni:
No, the wheel vectors (used for collision) can have only two configurations presently, half swing axle and vertical. Solid axles needs extra support.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version