Outerra Engine > Development screen shots and videos

Adjustable center of mass, collisions between vehicles

<< < (2/3) > >>

ZeosPantera:
De-Mo-Lision.

Now you need multi-player because it is HYSTERICAL to watch you chase the other rolling vehicle..

ZeosPantera:
Does the VEHICLE.CFG still apply? How are you editing the vehicle in-game. I can't get to that dialog.

cameni:
Nope that's long gone. Script editor for vehicle physics script can be opened through alt+e, after you enter the vehicle.

ZeosPantera:
I will ask you here since I cant find another dedicated vehicles thread.

You are going to have to add a terrain grip modifier to the terrain data and terrain type.. Setting the wheel slip per vehicle is fine if the whole world is made of the same material but with exposed rock, grass, sand, gravel and paved road and painted road you are going to need to have the slippage compound between the ground and tire.

I think a good solution once settled upon is a range of slip for each material.. IE (Sand : 35.0 - 42.0) (Asphalt : 57.0 - 62.5)

Then to better acclimate the vehicles tire type you would need two settings in the vehicles. "Compound" and "Tread"

A Compound Value being how well the tire material grips solid surface (rock and asphalt) and Tread Value being how well it grips on loose surfaces.. (Grass, Sand and gravel)

The mixture of those two items would produce a more realistic tire grip scenario. Just a though until a real tire model can be implemented.

cameni:

--- Quote from: ZeosPantera on February 22, 2013, 03:55:14 pm ---I will ask you here since I cant find another dedicated vehicles thread.

--- End quote ---
There was no question :)

What does "range of slip" exactly mean? I will be adding terrain type to the parameters for tire physics, but I'm still not entirely sure in what form. I though about a friction parameter that will produce the final friction value, considering the friction parameter of the tire.
Also, how to incorporate compound and tread. For given surface type I can have a value saying how much it is "compound" and how much "tread", so that a tire can use these values to compute the slip and whatever else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version