Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Crash on startup  (Read 5570 times)

longshot455

Crash on startup
« on: June 05, 2013, 07:52:10 am »

Recently got the alpha.

The game was working fine at first, until I tried getting it working with my Rift.  After changing some settings under graphics, the game would crash on startup. 

I then uninstalled the game, and reinstalled the version available on the website.

The game crashes at start, no crash reporter, no eng.log

One thing I noticed, is that it is starting fullscreen, so it appears than uninstalling doesn't remove whatever is being used to configure the game.

Is there a way to set the configuration settings back to default?

bugsblake

• jedi master
Re: Crash on startup
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 08:29:39 am »

hi, not sure if you have tried this but if you go to C:\Users\YOURUSER\Outerra you will see an eng.cfg file! all the settings seem to be saved there! you can edit it with notepad or notepad++ or you could try to remove it and see if outerra make a new one on load? but if it breaks it just put the file back and edit it by hand! hope that helps! :)
Intel 6 core i7 Xeon - 4930k @3.40 GHz
GTX 770 4GB X2 in SLI
Asus P9X79 Extreme MOBO
Patriot 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
SSD 250GB + SATA 500GB + SATA 1TB

cameni

• Brano Kemen
  • Outerra Administrator
  • No sense of urgency.
    • outerra.com
Re: Crash on startup
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 09:53:47 am »

You can just delete those cfg files, they will be restored.

However, the crashing is usually caused by something else. Two main candidates at the moment:
* on AMD - a bad state of the drivers, uninstall & clean sweep required (but if it was working previously, this probably isn't the case)
* vjoy driver present in the system (installed with freetrack) - crashing at start, fix will be in the next update