Outerra forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Outerra Tech Demo download. Help with graphics driver issues

Author Topic: Physics, please.  (Read 5966 times)

CaptJack92a

Physics, please.
« on: February 18, 2014, 04:25:26 pm »

I'd really like the basic physics to be popped in so I can begin basic development on the game I plan on releasing in a few years.
Another thing is saving. Sometimes things disappear. [static objects]

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
Re: Physics, please.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 03:49:48 am »

You have static objects dissapear? On my end only interactive vehicles dissapear after quiting the game.

Oh yeah, and a good part of the day too. I swear im playing only 40 minutes... three hours later :-)
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

CaptJack92a

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:31 pm »

Yeah, the vehicles is also a problem. I don't want things to disappear unless I delete the world cache.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 01:34:42 am »

I know how you feel. I've a personal airfield made up but I cant populate my hangers because they aircraft vanish. I'm sure persistence will be programmed in though when they get around to it.
Who said there were no real predators in New Zealand? Us Kiwis don't just fly, we bite hard too!

PytonPago

• It´s way too complex, dont let me try to explain !
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 02:31:30 am »

I know how you feel. I've a personal airfield made up but I cant populate my hangers because they aircraft vanish. I'm sure persistence will be programmed in though when they get around to it.

... i didnt try yet, but vehicles can be spawned as objects too - do they disappear too after a while or on restart ?
We are still undeveloped as long as we don´t realize, that all our science is still descriptive, and than beyond that description lies a whole new world we just haven´t even started to fully understand.

PaulMoffat

• Modeller
    • Paul Moffat's Website
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 02:38:30 am »

Yeah they do. By being a part of the vehicle class they must be treated as such regardless whether you use the vehicle based menu or the object menu to spawn it.