Outerra Engine > News

New COLLADA importer

(1/4) > >>

angrypig:
For a few weeks one of my interests in Outerra was the new COLLADA importer we had named COLLAZER. The previous version didn't respect hierarchy so it was not possible to control parts of imported object. I had to redesign the rendering pipeline to solve this problem and prepare it for instanced rendering. Next step will be implementation of automatic level of detail generator.

Here are some screenshots I made yesterday's night when I finished it (there is not correct lighting model but Cameni wants a new post :) ).

The positioning of the objects on the ground is not handled by physics engine yet. So some parts of the model sink into the ground. I'm eager to try driving it when Cameni finally implements vehicle physics.

Here are 68 instances of GAZ66 (a free model I downloaded from somewhere)

As you can see there is the same military green on the windows. I hope I will finish transparency rendering this evening. Then I will post new screens.

Another screen with my favorite volcano Mount Etna in the background. You can see the scale of real world there as well. :)

helio2:
Holy shizKnite! thats pretty freaking cool!
I cant wait till you guys implement physics too.
So you said non of the vehicles here represent a lower LOD the further they are? Thats a lot of trucks.
This is pretty much to scale. I Like it!

maxdmg:
Do you think you will support other formats like FBX or OBJ?

Max

angrypig:

--- Quote from: maxdmg ---Do you think you will support other formats like FBX or OBJ?

Max
--- End quote ---

Hi,

We will not support these file formats in the near future. The COLLADA is a good alternative to them.

Sukh:

--- Quote from: angrypig ---Next step will be implementation of automatic level of detail generator.
--- End quote ---

So, there is no need to model multiple LODs, the engine will create them himself?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version