Outerra Engine > News

New COLLADA importer

<< < (3/4) > >>

skyjets:
So we will be able to import collada textured model from blender and 3ds max and everything else?! YEAH!

C. Shawn Smith:
Are we talking about Normal mapping as well, or just old-school UV mapping?  As an aficionado of Zbrush, being able to do normal mapping as well as other techniques to create ultra-realistic models would be superb.

It's funny: as many years as I've had being exposed to the gaming industry, I never truly understood the engine assigning materials.  Guess I just never paid much attention to the detail :D

angrypig:

--- Quote from: skyjets ---So we will be able to import collada textured model from blender and 3ds max and everything else?!
--- End quote ---

Yes for the first part and I don't known for "everything else". :)

--- Quote from: cshawnsmith ---Are we talking about Normal mapping as well, or just old-school UV mapping?  As an aficionado of Zbrush, being able to do normal mapping as well as other techniques to create ultra-realistic models would be superb.
--- End quote ---

Normal map is a texture as well and UV mapping is being applied to it in the same way as to a standard texture. The only difference is that normal texture is not containing colors but normal vectors.

C. Shawn Smith:
Ahh, nice.  Modders with access to Zbrush will be in ecstasy over this :).

saccara18:
where i can download it???!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version